All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And plenty aren't. I've seen parents pull their kids out of programs because of the uniforms. Honestly I think it's sad that "creativity" has gone so far that someone felt the need to mandate that skirts cover the butt, shorts inseams have to be 2", and that uniforms have to cover more of the body than a bikini would.
Gyms can still show their style and coveted individuality while still following these guidelines.
I also find it interesting watching girls at competitions walking around with their arms around their exposed bellies or pulling down their crop tops and skirts. Not everyone is comfortable in these uniforms. Actually from completely non scientific observations quite a few appear not to be.

Stepping out on a limb here... Perhaps the EP's were upset because they were having difficulty/can't afford insurance for their events, because they can't guarantee the quality of the execution of the skills on the floor due to there being no real certification for the coaches of the athletes on the floor, and a theoretical increase in the frequency/severity of injuries due to said coaches and their lack of, well, coaching ability. Therefore the EP's came together and said "this is our problem, and until we can get this (coach credentialing) fixed, this (scale back tumbling) is what the insurers want to see. Again, I have NO knowledge that this happened, this is NOT heresay, this is just an idea tossed out there based on a lot of what I have read.
Go to page 70 and read the link travnation80 posted. The EP's were not consulted and did not involved in the studies USASF elluded to. Extremely concerning IMO.

And plenty aren't. I've seen parents pull their kids out of programs because of the uniforms. Honestly I think it's sad that "creativity" has gone so far that someone felt the need to mandate that skirts cover the butt, shorts inseams have to be 2", and that uniforms have to cover more of the body than a bikini would.
Gyms can still show their style and coveted individuality while still following these guidelines.
I also find it interesting watching girls at competitions walking around with their arms around their exposed bellies or pulling down their crop tops and skirts. Not everyone is comfortable in these uniforms. Actually from completely non scientific observations quite a few appear not to be.

I actually like these standards/guidelines. I just think the crop top/full top argument is a little silly and the 10" rule, may be to specific, since depending on an athletes height and body type, the look will vary greatly from athlete to athlete. I see no problem with a well fitting crop top and feel like that should decision should be left to the gym.

here is a face book post from one:
A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be. ~ Rosalynn Carter.
Can you believe this?

Yes, because I think it's kind of adding insult to injury and not addressing that the severely flawed logic and manner in which these changes were initiated are hands down, biggest threat to the future of this sport and industry!!!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to page 70 and read the link travnation80 posted. The EP's were not consulted and did not involved in the studies USASF elluded to. Extremely concerning IMO.

Actually it was just IEP (individual events Producers) that was not consulted. Jam, Cheersport, and Varsity were. The names of the companies in IEP are listed on their website IEP

If we have appropriate uniforms though that fit their standards why would we need the additional clothing to wear around the competition?

The tshirt/cover your uniform rule starts this upcoming season. The uniform guidelines don't go into effect until 2015. So in the meantime they're saying cover up.

I can honestly say that I don't think my CP has ever competed at any of the events hosted by their EPs. I am basing that on looking at their list of members.

Actually it was just IEP (individual events Producers) that was not consulted. Jam, Cheersport, and Varsity were. The names of the companies in IEP are listed on their website IEP

Oh but Cheer Ltd endorsed it as well...funny though they broke away from IEP at the beginning of March and joined Varsity...

Oh but Cheer Ltd endorsed it as well...funny though they broke away from IEP at the beginning of March and joined Varsity...

Endorsed what? The new rules? Or the IEP letter?Well if they're now part of Varsity then they'd have to endorse the rules wouldn't they?

I have reviewed this thread as it grows and I to will put in my 2 sense:
1. The tumbling rules: I feel need to be reviewed with more care. No one wants to see girls get injured or for the sport to be greatly limited. However, consider this: if gyms continue to have a hard time getting insurance, the sport will suffer. And if injuries keep getting worse it will happen. Look at health insurance. Again, I am saying I understand both sides, however I think some true research should be executed, because these rules do have a long term affect on the sport.
2. Bottom ages on Sr's. We've heard both sides, from small gyms, big gyms, moms, dads, etc. But lets throw this out there. I am a parent, and from a very small gym. Very small. However, I have been at more competitions then not where this has been abused. 4.2 teams with Mini's flying and not doing much else and so on. Then you have the developmental side. I have met some amazingly dedicated and mature 8 & 9 yr olds, however lets face it, it simply is not the majority. Additionally, there are few competitive sports that say, wow this 8 yr old is talented, lets let them compete on a team with 18 yr olds. I think we need to look at the big picture here. This has been abused by many, ruining it for many others, additionally the social side is debatable, no matter how " nice" your sr girls are. As a small gym I practice what I preach, I never bump anyone younger then 11 to our sr team, even if they can hang. Rather I work closely with that child on their personal development so that when they are indeed old enough for a Sr level team they are ready, and I also allow them to do individuals and stunt groups to allow them to shine.
3. Uniform Rules: while I am not sure how I feel about about some of it, here is my thoughts on the crop/ full issue. It has been said time and time again that we want to be considered as a SPORT( which Cheerleading absolutely is). And while I am all about us keeping the uniqueness that makes us All Star, there has to be some edits for the long term legitimacy of our sport. It is definitely fair to say that the uniforms have gotten out of hand. There have been warnings of this, and suggestions by USASF that have gone completely ignored. So am I suprised about the changes, no. And I dont think anyone else should be either. You dont see gymnasts or swimmers in bikini's? Less clothing doesnt make us look more athletic.

I can honestly say that I don't think my CP has ever competed at any of the events hosted by their EPs. I am basing that on looking at their list of members.

We attend a majority of our events with IEP. Spirit Celebration and Cheer America being the big ones. Billy knows his stuff (Spirit Celebration owner) and if anyone could take on Varsity and win it would be him. AMAZING! was a bid competition he debuted this year, you had to place 1st and an IEP competition to be able to attend. There were jackets, rings, banquet, parade of champions, from what I have heard it was amazing...lol Market that into a World Championship, hold it at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.....

The tshirt/cover your uniform rule starts this upcoming season. The uniform guidelines don't go into effect until 2015. So in the meantime they're saying cover up.
I believe the intent is for the t-shirt rule to remain for "approved" crop tops. ACE teams have been required to wear tshirts over their crop tops this year when not in warm ups or competing; including Senior teams.

BTW - this has left team moms carrying a team-full of t-shirts around warm ups and back stage.

Back