All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got my eyelashes shaved of by a fingernail. I wiped them of my eye and they just fell of and landed in a pile on the mat.
I am a backspot and had just moved up a level and was learning how to catch fulldowns. The flier opened up to catch herself and somehow hit my eye. I had a huge gap in my lashline for a while and refused to go to school for a couple of days. :(

I got my eyelashes shaved of by a fingernail. I wiped them of my eye and they just fell of and landed in a pile on the mat.
I am a backspot and had just moved up a level and was learning how to catch fulldowns. The flier opened up to catch herself and somehow hit my eye. I had a huge gap in my lashline for a while and refused to go to school for a couple of days. :(
WOW. Just....wow. Ouch.

Pulled the muscle on my butt this weekend doing spinning toe touches. Anybody know what muscle that is?
I get it ALL the time. Your butt's connected to your back… wait that sounds really dumb… basically all the muscles are interconnected and as flyers we use so much butt/back muscles staying tight in the air and pulling lines that they get stressed out. There's also a lot of fascia there which means something to people who know about that kinda stuff (ie. not me). Mine was sore at training, I took a break and stretched it out, did a triple toe touch and my entire left butt/lower back seized up. Still hurts two days later :(

I get it ALL the time. Your butt's connected to your back… wait that sounds really dumb… basically all the muscles are interconnected and as flyers we use so much butt/back muscles staying tight in the air and pulling lines that they get stressed out. There's also a lot of fascia there which means something to people who know about that kinda stuff (ie. not me). Mine was sore at training, I took a break and stretched it out, did a triple toe touch and my entire left butt/lower back seized up. Still hurts two days later :(
Yeah mine kills! I let it rest today so hopefully when I practice tomorrow it won't be shooting up pain!

Well im a back and so one time we were either a prep or extension but when we popped and i caught her i pulled a musle in my back. Another one was when i was tumbling and i did a back walkover and i was going for a back hanspring but i decided not to and slammed my head into the ground :(

My friend and I were just messing around at the gym and decided to throw a partner standing tuck. Which was really stupid because I'm atleast 5 inches taller than her, but luckily...WE GOT IT ON VIDEO. So y'all can laugh at our pain:)

We were not hurt in anyway, other than our pride. But I was picking carpet fibers out of my braces for a good 15 minutes.

Pulled an ab muscle the week before a big competition. It was the most painful thing that has ever happened to me. Never went to the doctor though, I figured they would tell me to sit out and I HAD to compete that weekend. But seriously, watch out. Pulled ab muscles are killer. You don't realize how much you use your abs during the day until that happens.

Pulled the quad muscles in my thigh once too, that's also killer.

My friend and I were just messing around at the gym and decided to throw a partner standing tuck. Which was really stupid because I'm atleast 5 inches taller than her, but luckily...WE GOT IT ON VIDEO. So y'all can laugh at our pain:)

We were not hurt in anyway, other than our pride. But I was picking carpet fibers out of my braces for a good 15 minutes.

Is that a Back Tuck club shirt from UCA nationals you're wearing?

I fractured my sternum this weekend! Haha.

But other than that, I've dislocated my fingers running down a hotel hallway looking for hairspray before a competition. Still competed and I was a base ;D
And I also ruptured my appendix during a competition. That was NOT a fun weekend. Haha.

Back