All-Star What Has All Star Cheer Done For You?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It made my confidence soar. Before I started, I used to hang on to my mum at parties and refuse to talk to anyone, hated talking on the phone, found it hard to meet new people, the list goes on. Now, after 9 years of cheer, I am completely different. I'm still not majorly confident all the time but if I hadn't cheered, I'm pretty sure I'd still be hanging on to my mum's arm and getting her to speak for me. I even did a few individuals! That's something that would have made me want the ground to swallow me up before I started.

I will be eternally grateful to this sport for that!

Looking forwards to hopefully getting back into it next season :)

For my all star kept me from going off the deep end in high school. I was deff a party girl/doing bad in school but knowing I had practice or a competition coming up and friends who saw the good part of me on the team it helped me to not go too crazy/point of no return. Also a lot of other good stuff but this was significant for me!

Boost my ego. I was recruted to join an all-star open team, but prefered to join my university competitive team (what a mistake).

I never joined all-star, I always followed the school path.

It brought me out of my shell and helped me develop leadership skills and confidence! I was such a shy kid, smart but wouldn't take charge of group projects because I was so quiet and such a people pleaser. I was super guarded and I was afraid to mess up and have the blame be put on me. Since I joined cheer I've really come out of my shell and I'm so much more outgoing. I'm no longer afraid of messing up (falling on your face enough makes you get over it :D ). I was editor in chief of my yearbook and received the leadership award from my school and allstar teams, and it turns out I'm a natural leader which I don't think I would've ever discovered without cheer.
I'm still definitely an introvert but I'm also a leader and not afraid to speak my mind. I'm also waaaayyy less guarded, when I first meet you I am but once I'm comfortable with you I'm not at all.
It also gave me amazing allstar coaches who are my role models and fabulous ones at that :) My high school cheer coach experience was insane to say the least but it really forced me to be a leader and taught me a lot about perseverance.
I'm so thankful that I started cheering because it really had a huge positive impact on my life. I think I would be so different without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been out of cheer for about 5 years now and I still hold onto things that my coaches taught us. I learned a lot about teamwork and about losing as a team. As a little kid, I was a terrible loser. But after cheering for 10 years, I learned that I was not always going to win. And that sometimes my best just would not be good enough. I saw that there will always be someone better. I take a lot of the motivation that was instilled with me very seriously. Even now, I'm not one to settle for second when I know that I can improve. Cheering taught me to suck up the pain and to deal with the struggles. I fell so many times as a cheerleader because I did not want to be spotted on tumbling. Cheer definitely did not fix my trust issues but it showed me that I can do a lot on my own.

Allstar cheerleading has given me a second family. I would have never believed someone if they told me that this is what I'd be doing now, but here I am writing this post. A few years ago, I suffered a great loss and I probably would not be in the same shape mentally, physically, or emotionally without this sport. My gym has really been the biggest blessing that I could ever ask for. For the sake of post length (no need to write an essay here ;)) I am going to wrap this up by saying that Allstar cheerleading has also given me self confidence, and memories to last a lifetime. :cheering:

While the media loves to focus on the negative, I'd love to hear the positive.....
What has All Star Cheer meant to you? Done for you? Brought into your life?
Darn, I was going to say empty my bank account and make me crazy! ;-)
However, I will say it's worth it. When I see athletes past/present and they run to give me a hug, when I get texts that say how much they enjoy being a part of the team, when a new skill is achieved and they get that big, confident grin. That is what All Star does for me - it warms my heart.

Definitely made me more confident. It taught me how to put on a smile, even when I didn't feel like it. I work in a shop, and learning that is really valuable. I also learned how to work in a team and gave me so many friends.

I'm also very happy to be able to pass that along to younger kids, and try to teach them about teamwork, believing in yourself and your team and kindness.

Allstar cheer gave me family, confidence, leadership skills, compassion, strength, and the inspiration to become a coach so that I can give back the Allstar community. Seriously, I have no clue what my childhood and teen years would have been like without cheer. Cheer is life.

In so many ways cheerleading saved my life. It was the safe place I needed when I was 13 and had no one to talk to at school. And when I was 16 in HS it gave me some of the best memories of my high school career and helped me get my confidence back. Even on the worst days, I know that I would not be where I am if I didn't cheer. I would not be the outgoing girl I am today without cheerleading. I would not have meet some of the most amazing people on this Earth without cheerleading. I wouldn't have learned how to lose gracefully, and win modestly. It has made me a determined person who doesn't stop till she's done her best. More recently, it has shown me how mentally tough I am.

I'm actually bawling my eyes out rn..Cheer is so important to me. I wrote my college admissions essay on it and it was the only time I ever got into the details of why I do this, the defining moment, 2 years later it still makes me cry.

ETA I did AS for middle and then HS

Last edited:
Back