All-Star What Is Everyone's Favorite Part Of Beginning Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well if you cheer 1o months and you don't have a brake your body will end up hurt and you cant cheer then what!? i don't think you know how much pressure is out on us cheerleaders.

Come again? I don't? When I cheered at College, I was practicing or had games 6 days a week, and I was cheering on an open team at the time. If your body is always hurting then you're probably not using proper technique or you're not conditioned enough. But that's for another thread...

well if you cheer 1o months and you don't have a brake your body will end up hurt and you cant cheer then what!? i don't think you know how much pressure is out on us cheerleaders.
I find it difficult to believe that the people who choose to spend their time on fierce board don't have any understanding of the pressure on cheerleaders...see @nelitesteven's response...They either are cheerleaders, or (like me) have been living with one for seven years and spend 5 days a week at the gym.

My point is there are many different levels of Cheerleading (not just 1-5) there are different levels of programs with different expectations and different echelons of competitions. You need to commit to a team that you are able to give 100% to. If that's a team that has an "off season" then that may be the right team for someone who needs a break.

Personally my CPs go batty if the gym closes for a week and they can't be there, so we've chosen a program that expects 110% commitment, 24/7/365. That works for us. It may not work for everyone else, the key is to find the program that expects the level of commitment you are willing to give.

it takes a cheerleader to coach a cheerleader. Obviously he was one before he started coaching. Don't be too quick to assume he has no clue about pressure on us.
And I cheer 12 months a year, and I'm fine. any real allstar cheerleader doesn't need a break, or even want a break.

My favorite part is doing the routine full out for the first time..... And then I never want to do it full out again!

Lacking the fear of throwing new skills because if you're out for a month because of an injury, you don't miss any competitions

1) Choreography Camp!!!
2) Seeing the email from Extreme Traxx and knowing it's your music!!! It's My CHRISTMAS!!!

And my comment on people missing practice - if you can't commit year round, then DON'T SIGN UP!!!! If you need a break then go do pop warner or rec!!

it takes a cheerleader to coach a cheerleader. Obviously he was one before he started coaching. Don't be too quick to assume he has no clue about pressure on us.
And I cheer 12 months a year, and I'm fine. any real allstar cheerleader doesn't need a break, or even want a break.
that is true

This is so true - they all can't wait until the season if over, then after 3 days are all itching to get back into the gym.

I love learning the choreography!!! That is probably my favorite part of the beginning of a season. After that is the first day we get our music, and then going through our routine with it for the first time :)

I say bonding. Team bonding is so much fun in the beginning of the season because it's summer and people can actually go out and do stuff. My team did it throughout the season last year and we always had a great time!

Uhh ok Im gonna be that guy but I really dont like the beginning of the year...people are on vacations and I dont like choreo like at all (white boy complex...cant get motions or dance )

Back