All-Star What Would You Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
One boy shows up to tryouts with a double. ONLY 1 boy.

Clearly, if you take him, that makes your team CoEd. With ONE boy (international division) is there any point?

OR do you cut him and go international all girl.

What would you coaches out there do?

(And there are ZERO other boys as an option, when I say ONE boy, I mean ONE period lol)

if there are any other gyms that are a reasonable distance away that have an IOC5 team, I would recommend he go there. With the requirements for stunts in the IOC5 division, it would be really hard to be competitive. If the goal of the team is to just have fun, then sure add him. If the goal of the team is to compete a lot and try to go to worlds, I don't think it would be smart.

Take the IO5 gold medalist Gym Tyme Pink. Add one boy to the team. Now compare them to TG, SOT, and CA. I don't think they come close.

There are no other IO teams, and in our area, there are just NO boys!
The goal is to try to go to worlds and be competitive (reasonably) and we are concerned with one boy, that will just not happen.
He can be on the Sr 5 team, but that is not a worlds team, so dissapointing for sure.

Love the input!

There are no other IO teams, and in our area, there are just NO boys!
The goal is to try to go to worlds and be competitive (reasonably) and we are concerned with one boy, that will just not happen.
He can be on the Sr 5 team, but that is not a worlds team, so dissapointing for sure.

Love the input!

if you have a senior 5 team that is not a worlds team, couldn't you make it sr open?

I don't know the complete rules for worlds-bids, but don't you have to compete in the division you got a bid for? Because - just hypothetically - that one boy gets hurt one week before worlds, you couldn't compete at all, because there is no alternate boy and your bid is coed and not allgirl. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

My personal decision would be: there is no way to be competitive with one boy in the IO coed division and if that one boy gets hurt you couldn't compete at all. I would put him on another (non-worlds) team.

Unless all of your girls are beast enough to coed stunt, there's no way you can stay competitive with one boy. It sucks that there's no place to put him on a worlds team but I wouldn't put the whole team's success in jeopardy so that he can go to worlds.

Back