Who Is Tired Of Flyers Getting All The Credit For Amazing Stunts?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So while watching cheer extreme in Indy I was amazed by their ball up 360 tick tock stunt (as usual), but my girls and i were thinking: why do flyers get all the credit for such amazing stunts? Everyone wanted to get a picture with Maddie. She does a great job with her stunts, but theres no flyer without a base! We wanted to figure out who her bases were so we could get pictures with them. Flyers are the pretty face of stunts but theyre not the only member of the group! What does everyone else think?

Absolutely!!!

honestly if you think flying is so easy and that its just the bases keeping the flyer in the air, try flying. yes bases are the reasons flyers are able to stay in the air, but the flyer has to have balance, cordination, it requires * A ton* of leg and arm strength, they have to keep in mind not to put thier butt out or toe/heel themselves, they have to have the confidence to fly they have to have TRUST, they have to always have timing down in pulling skills and much more. they are ONE person in the air. When baseing you usually are sharing the lifting and skills of the flyer with another base and a back spot and sometimes even a front spot. I'm not saying one is harder than the other BUT IT TAKES WAY MORE TO STAY IN THE AIR THEN JUST HAVING YOUR BASES UNDER YOU KEEPING YOU IN THE AIR.

It takes 4 people to do there own job to keep up the stunt! But I do know what you mean, the flyer I had awhile ago would always blame the two other bases and I for EVERYTHING that went wrong, even if it was her fault.

if it wasnt for the flyers there would be nobody to put in the air!!

and if there weren't any bases than the flyer wouldn't be in the air, EVERYONE should get credit. unless flyers can magically levitate in the air all by themselves , the bases & the flyer should get credit.

Obviously it was not a good idea to start this thread in the newbies section. This whole website is for DISCUSSIONS, not fights. Having an opinion is completely acceptable, but believing that yours is the right one all the time is not. This is not a "my way or the highway" site, it is a "I will read what others have to say and THINK before I POST" site.

Also, if you're going to insist that you're right and get mad about a post, at least use correct grammar and spelling. That is all.

Flyers also are at risk if they don't have a good bases...fliers also take all the flak when the stunt doesn't hit...it's a WE thing....they are all equally important, none would be of any good without the other!
exactly. it's very much a co-dependant relationship, really. she can't get up with out the bases, bases had better catch her when she's throwing her stuff. She needs them as much as they need her. with out her, no stunt. My daughter prides herself on the fact that she's both-a flier and a base. She knows what both sides are like and how neither one is more important.

there are people out there that haven't experience both basing and flying, so there will be some who believe its the flyer and some who believe its the bases. i personally have experience both. there are so many different scenarios that could take place. you can have bases that are not so strong, but with a good flyer who can hold her own which helps out in a sense but also you can have really strong bases with a not so good flyer who will be able to keep her up in the air. its not so much one person rather than the whole group. granted sometimes the flyers get noticed rather than the bases but hey its still your group getting noticed whether or not its you specifically or you as a group. :)

I think everyone in a stunt is important. My daughter has been a flyer for 12 years. This year she also bases on a younger team. She was actually excited to base. If it wasn't for the amazing bases, you wouldn't have amazing flyers.

Obviously it was not a good idea to start this thread in the newbies section. This whole website is for DISCUSSIONS, not fights. Having an opinion is completely acceptable, but believing that yours is the right one all the time is not. This is not a "my way or the highway" site, it is a "I will read what others have to say and THINK before I POST" site.

Also, if you're going to insist that you're right and get mad about a post, at least use correct grammar and spelling. That is all.

I could not agree more!

It's true that no stunt will hit without good bases and a good back spot but they won't hit either without a good flyer. Yes flyers get a lot of credit and maybe the best bases aren't recognized world wide but you can tell a good base when you see one. Bases and back spots do a lot of work and they need to keep the foot of the flyer flat and push her in the air and make sure she stays there but the flyer also has to be really concentrated and stiff if they want the stunt to hit. Everyone in a stunt needs to work hard for the stunt to hit. Bases and backspots could have more credit for what they do but the flyer takes equally part in the work.

I agree that bases should get more credit than they do. You can't have a stunt group without bases, nor can you have a stunt group without a flyer. Cheerleading is a TEAM sport, which means everybody on the team should get equal credit. :)

i think that everyone should get credit for their hardwork. but also , as i am a flyer, when something goes wrong, everyone says " oh so and so fell." not " so and so's group fell". as a flyer there is also a ton of pressure..

i am and always have been a flyer so i have no clue what its like to base or back however i totally appreciate all the work my bases do to keep me in the air! however i feel like a flyers job is to represent the whole stunt group and and a flyer definately takes alot of pressure on themselves. think about it when somebody falls you say (the flyers name) fell which can be really stressful and can have lots of pressure at a comp. but i agree , me and my friends always have wanted to get a picture with maddies bases:D

Back