OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I girl I go to school with who exclusively does ballet was saying that it was an open audition and that anyone can try out for the Joffrey School of Ballet.

Thanks, it was confusing how in one episode you had to be invited and in the next anyone could do. Sounds like Lifetime did a crappy job editing things.

I will be angry if Abby doesn't say congrats or good job to Chloe for the scholarship.

Right off the bat I can tell you that Sammi and Hannah are not believable as rivals....

And Hannah's moms faces are already driving me nuts

And already I can tell they're trying to be like Abby Lee's people.........desperately so

anyone can audition but only a few get a scholarship! Maddie and Chloe both received scholarships. the call was staged so it looked like only Chloe got one but the scholarship was definitely real.
The group dance was just awful and not rehearsed anywhere near enough, they only had 2 or 3 days to learn and perfect it.
Chloe has wanted to be the queen of hearts for YEARS and she would talk about it all the time so it was really exciting for her to finally get the solo! unfortunately her day in the spotlight was completely ruined by Abby and her unacceptable behavior which was 100% real and not in the slightest staged. she NEVER said congratulations to Chloe about the dance or the scholarship.
Poor Maddie, the girl was stressed out all week and everything just crashed in on her, it was bound to happen sooner or later but she will bounce back she is an amazing girl with a bright future :)

I felt horrible for Maddie, just like I have for the other girls who have forgotten their dance. Abby likes to act like she has all these manners and class, but she is an embarrassment to these girls for her own actions. Now I can't wait for the rest of the season to air.

That group dance was just awful and the only person to blame is Abby. She put way too much stress on those girls to learn the dances that they had to on top of that audition. I still can't get over how she has acted like her choeography is one of a kind but that dance was a rip off. I felt bad for the girls for having to perform it.

What happend with Abby would cause me to leave her studio, there is no way that I would allow my child to be treated the way she does those girls. I would find me another teacher because clearly those girls have the talent and that is theirs to keep.

If anyone else is curious (like me) this is the dance/group that got 1st in that division on the last episode (Starbound Paramus)

I felt horrible for Maddie, just like I have for the other girls who have forgotten their dance. Abby likes to act like she has all these manners and class, but she is an embarrassment to these girls for her own actions. Now I can't wait for the rest of the season to air.

That group dance was just awful and the only person to blame is Abby. She put way too much stress on those girls to learn the dances that they had to on top of that audition. I still can't get over how she has acted like her choeography is one of a kind but that dance was a rip off. I felt bad for the girls for having to perform it.

What happend with Abby would cause me to leave her studio, there is no way that I would allow my child to be treated the way she does those girls. I would find me another teacher because clearly those girls have the talent and that is theirs to keep.

Right I don't understand how they can blatantly see this...injustice and then still subject their children to it. They can sit there and comment on how their child gets mistreated...yet they continue to enable it. If I'd been in that situation it would have been me and my child hopping in the cab...not Abby. And while most of the show is scripted...the children's reactions aren't. Honestly I'm concerned for Maddie because something about her reaction when Chloe won and when she messed up on stage said...this isn't normal for a 9 year old. The panic in her voice was so concerning..because it wasn't like a kid getting upset...and when she was like "no I have to organize"....it just seems like shes the prime candidate for an eating disorder or something else that is driven by control. I mean those kids aren't acting for the television....and if they are...then bravo, because I'm ready to get Maddie to a therapist

Anyway. Holly...please hear my cry....TAKE NIA TO FCA!!! THEY NEED HER!

Right I don't understand how they can blatantly see this...injustice and then still subject their children to it. They can sit there and comment on how their child gets mistreated...yet they continue to enable it. If I'd been in that situation it would have been me and my child hopping in the cab...not Abby. And while most of the show is scripted...the children's reactions aren't. Honestly I'm concerned for Maddie because something about her reaction when Chloe won and when she messed up on stage said...this isn't normal for a 9 year old. The panic in her voice was so concerning..because it wasn't like a kid getting upset...and when she was like "no I have to organize"....it just seems like shes the prime candidate for an eating disorder or something else that is driven by control. I mean those kids aren't acting for the television....and if they are...then bravo, because I'm ready to get Maddie to a therapist

all of the moms are stuck there for a long time because of their contract with lifetime. Chloe in particular will not be able to leave for at least another year because she is now a title holder and if she left she would have to pay Abby a ridiculous amount of money. the poor girl hasn't been able to leave for years because she keeps winning title after title. Maddie has a lot of pressure put on her from her mom but mostly from Abby, she expects perfection and Maddie knows it. what you saw in this episode was a 9 year old girl who was just too stressed out and it hurt her performance and made her act like brat. she was punished by her mom and she is as good as new now, back to winning.

all of the moms are stuck there for a long time because of their contract with lifetime. Chloe in particular will not be able to leave for at least another year because she is now a title holder and if she left she would have to pay Abby a ridiculous amount of money. the poor girl hasn't been able to leave for years because she keeps winning title after title. Maddie has a lot of pressure put on her from her mom but mostly from Abby, she expects perfection and Maddie knows it. what you saw in this episode was a 9 year old girl who was just too stressed out and it hurt her performance and made her act like brat. she was punished by her mom and she is as good as new now, back to winning.
So are the options for Chloe to either start losing or pay tons of money? Christi-- this is a cry for help for your daughter! Take her somewhere else!

Hopefully when all the legal issues and contracts are up - some of them can move on if they choose to. I am sure there are other dance studios/teachers in the area that would not treat them the way Abby does... I know we see what Lifetime wants us to see- but after last nights episode Abby clearly favors Maddie way more than the others. I feel Chloe is a beautiful dancer also, and wins her fair share and represents Abby's studio positively, so I don't see the need for Abby to be so one sided towards Maddie, when she has other dancers that are just as talented. I hope this show doesn't affect them in the long run - psychologically - or prevents other dance studios from taking them or missed opportunities because of how they/mom's were portrayed....but some of them need to get away from Abby as soon as they can -

So are the options for Chloe to either start losing or pay tons of money? Christi-- this is a cry for help for your daughter! Take her somewhere else!
those are exactly what her options are if she wants to leave and that is why she is still there. the past 3-4 years she had been a title holder.

My daughter is a CP and not a dancer, but I took her to FCA. BEST MOVE EVER.

Back