All-Star Will Your Kids Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Everyone thinks because I cheered and now coach that my son will do it. He's around it all the time, yes but I don't plan on putting him in until he's old enough to make that decision for himself. My decision comes from seeing how nasty kids are to male cheerleaders, especially when they're younger. I think it's hard enough for a kid to grow up with all of the craziness going on now and I don't want to add anything else to put pressure on that. Once he's grown up enough to make that choice, then he can cheer if he wants.

Our rule with cp was that she always had to be active in some sport, she just happen to be overly girly and liked sports that involve glitter. Well, she did do soccer, but in the first game, she picked flowers, chased butterflies, talked to her friends and refused to get dirty or kick a ball...needless to say, the coach refunded us our money.

Our rule with cp was that she always had to be active in some sport, she just happen to be overly girly and liked sports that involve glitter. Well, she did do soccer, but in the first game, she picked flowers, chased butterflies, talked to her friends and refused to get dirty or kick a ball...needless to say, the coach refunded us our money.

This made me LOL. We just tried T-Ball with my daughter and it was a disaster. She is old enough now to play on brother's team but told me she wants to sit on the side and watch with her sunglasses on "because baseball is dirty and yucky." She then proceeded to ask if we could paint her nails while we waited since practice is just SO long! :rolleyes:

This made me LOL. We just tried T-Ball with my daughter and it was a disaster. She is old enough now to play on brother's team but told me she wants to sit on the side and watch with her sunglasses on "because baseball is dirty and yucky." She then proceeded to ask if we could paint her nails while we waited since practice is just SO long! :rolleyes:
What are we gonna do with our girly girls?! :rolleyes:

What are we gonna do with our girly girls?! :rolleyes:
I was really hoping you could tell me! Lol! I haven't figured anything out with this little priss yet! I grew up cheering and in gymnastics but also playing softball. Outside of my cheer uniform or leotard, no one would ever have guessed those were my sports! My daughter owns more dresses and bows currently than I think I've had in my entire existance! Heaven forbid I ask the child to wear jeans!

I will simply drop dead if cheerleading isn't in my life after I can't do it myself anymore.

Alright, that's exaggerating (maybe...) so if my daughter does not aspire to pursue cheerleading and work her little fanny off with the sport while simultaneously loving every second of it, I'll just use my medical degree to open up my own gym so I don't have a choice but to make it my life still. I mean, Courtney Pope studied Biology too and look where she is today, so why not right?

#wishfulthinking

I used to be a gymnast and when I quit, my mom was completely supportive. Even though I kind of wish that my mother forced me to stay, I do not think I will do that to my own kids. They can do whatever they are interested in. However, that DOES NOT mean that I will not be living by a fabulous gymnastics and cheerleading gym. (Plano, TX maybe?)

I was really hoping you could tell me! Lol! I haven't figured anything out with this little priss yet! I grew up cheering and in gymnastics but also playing softball. Outside of my cheer uniform or leotard, no one would ever have guessed those were my sports! My daughter owns more dresses and bows currently than I think I've had in my entire existance! Heaven forbid I ask the child to wear jeans!
Our daughters must be long lost sisters! I have to force her into jeans when it's too cold for skirts/dresses! It can be snow on the ground and my little priss will wear dresses with stocking/tights, instead of jeans! When it is too cold for almost bare legs, a little "trick" I use for jeans is to let her wear dress shirts and fancy shoes with jeans instead of t-shirts and gym shoes! Everyone leaves happy and I know she won't freeze to death during the day! I guess we just have to love 'em and abided by their prissiness! I use to dance growing up and unless I told them, people didn't know, my daughter on the other hand, people guess her sports the second they see her!

Im hoping and praying that my future kids will be interesting in either cheerleading, dance, or gymnastics. I won't force them to do anything, but i'll definitely set them up with the foundation to be great at a great gym (*cough* cheer athletics *cough*) at an early age to see if they have the natural talent and love for it like I immediately did. It'll break my heart not be a cheer mom though, but I'll always put their dreams ahead of mine because that's what my parents have always done and continue to do for me <3 :)

I was like this when I was younger! I refused to wear anything but dresses until I was about 12! Mum tried to make me wear pants/jeans and it just never worked haha. Dw, I grew out of it eventually, and I wouldn't describe myself as a "girly girl" anymore. Although I did do a variety of sports - netball, softball (both of which didn't last for long), track, gymnastics, dance and cheer.

I always wanted to put my kids in cheer until all of this recent stuff with the USASF happened. If things aren't drastically better by the time I have kids, I'll start them off in gymnastics. But hopefully things will be better by then because that's so far away.

I always wanted to put my kids in cheer until all of this recent stuff with the USASF happened. If things aren't drastically better by the time I have kids, I'll start them off in gymnastics. But hopefully things will be better by then because that's so far away.
oh man, you should've seen what it was like BEFORE USASF. Not that I'm in love with USASF by any means but it was barbaric lol.

make up, uh no. However, my daughter has lots of practice bows and thinks its good luck for me to wear one when she competes, so she decides which is the lucky bow I'm supposed to wear that day (most of the time...sometimes it's a necklace or some such). I do it for her. (although I cut my hair a little bit ago so now she's looking in other "lucky" directions.....all part of my evil plan!)

:D
The next time we're at a comp together, I'll look for the Aviator mom rocking a bow and come up and say "hi"! :p

LOL! I knew we'd better cheer when my cp was too busy doing back walkovers on the field to concentrate on soccer practice!

Back