All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

props to both WC and CA gym owners for actually doing something about the drinking and drug issues. Ive seen in the past about many athletes from CA going crazy at worlds ( and I'm sure many other gyms too ) and it's GREAT to see a gym owner actually do something to prevent this.

In 3...2...1....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Good:
LCF's reaction to third place... I seriously wish every team would react like that!
Angel Rice's kick double... WOW!
Lady Jags winning/the Rosarios' reaction
All the teams with at large bids that were able to hold their own in finals - there were quite a few this year!
The concept of holding LS/LC finals on the baseball field
The concept of encore performances for the world champs
Multiple international teams winning their divisions

Bad:
It's still at Disney.
Lag with the live feed... You'd think they would have figured that out by now!
Overcrowding at the Milkhouse

Ugly:
The whole cheerlebrity thing - let's not even get into it. I still cannot believe people are that obsessed.
The shenanigans at All-Star Sports (this was NOT just cheerleaders, I have a good friend who went for dance and it was the same situation with the dance teams)
Large All-Girl finals. Enough said.
The parents/coaches on Facebook & Twitter who can't be happy when their CP's former teammates win worlds with another team... I've seen this at least ten times now with four or five different athletes/teams involved. Absolutely unclassy.

Cali Black Ops getting 7th... :(
The poor athletes looked exhausted.... not the usually energy they bring to the mat! Would've liked to see them at least globe

Proud of LL! They were amazing
And congrats to Cali Coed for taking home the Silver!

The Good:
@cupieqt finally made it
FAME Vengeance fought through an incredibly difficult weekend - tragic fatal car accident at home, emergency surgery on a team member, last-minute routine changes - and still placed 2 spots better than last year! They had to pull together and find their strength, and they did it!
My tan is legit
The knowledge that Supers can totally pull a Lady Jags next year

The Bad:
Heartbreaking performances, and that's all I'll say about that
Not knowing which venue to go to, stadium or Milkhouse, and not having a heads-up from Our Father about what He was gonna do weatherwise
How I felt every morning when I woke up

The Ugly:
People's reactions to losing. I am thoroughly incapable of understanding how people can blame others for their own mistakes or shortcomings. I saw some of the most ignorant behavior this weekend, and what's worse is that not only is it allowed, it's justified. Stop excusing inexcusable stuff, people. And grow up.
Oh, and ETA: Again, how I felt every morning when I woke up.

Isn't it funny how 1 person can be devastated by 7th place and another ecstatic?
Lucky #7 isn't a bad spot to land :)
When you think of how many level 5 teams don't make it to Worlds (oh, ok...scratch that ;) ) But how many would love to make it out of prelims, much less advance to finals and place in the Top 10 in the World... It really makes me sad to have seen the very public and somewhat disrespectful (in some cases) displays of disappointment (for whatever top 10 placement) on various social media sites by various athletes. I get that you're disappointed, but keep it private. There are thousands who would love to be in your disappointed shoes and would happily trade places with you.

a gym that brings like 150+ teenagers to worlds? of course theres going to be problems. and CA ACTUALLY steps up and stops it. It was praise, not bashing.
If the blue v black CA / black vs blue CA jokes don't start in the next 5 comments then the entirety of the fierceboard is clearly still cruising the strugglebus.

That's what I was waiting for.

When you think of how many level 5 teams don't make it to Worlds (oh, ok...scratch that ;) ) But how many would love to make it out of prelims, much less advance to finals and place in the Top 10 in the World... It really makes me sad to have seen the very public and somewhat disrespectful (in some cases) displays of disappointment (for whatever top 10 placement) on various social media sites by various athletes. I get that you're disappointed, but keep it private. There are thousands who would love to be in your disappointed shoes and would happily trade places with you.
Sing it! CEA medium coed was ecstatic with 12th (which fell just short of the finalists). Couldn't be happier, so I'm not feeling much pain for someone lamenting over 6th or 4th etc etc. Perspective is everything.

Back