All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 2 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is international, in semi-finals. It's also the world championship, where the best teams should be in finals. I would be 100% ok with keeping the 3 per country rule if they implement a minimum score.
I don't think you can call something a 'world' championship if it's only one country competing. Which causes issues for me with all the other divisions outside of the 'international' ones, but that's another discussion for another time...

A minimum score rule seems like the best compromise.

I don't think you can call something a 'world' championship if it's only one country competing. Which causes issues for me with all the other divisions outside of the 'international' ones, but that's another discussion for another time...

A minimum score rule seems like the best compromise.
How would it not be a world championship, those other countries would still be competing. Plus most of the senior divisions do have non-US teams this year (I think it's just large coed that doesn't).

How would it not be a world championship, those other countries would still be competing. Plus most of the senior divisions do have non-US teams this year (I think it's just large coed that doesn't).
In my dream world, the Worlds would be a truly international competition. Right now it's more like a nationals, since most divisions are all US, maybe with a few token teams from other countries. Which is okay for now. But it would be nice, once cheer grows more in other countries (and it's growing very rapidly in places like Aus and Canada), to have an international mix in all divisions.

SUPER SENIORS
rkGgwwG.gif

Back