All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Every dang year there are the select few who moan and groan about waiting to celebrate... Maybe you have to be announced as a world champion to really understand what they feel on that mat, and then you can tell me they should be just fine sitting there quietly as they realize they're world champions. This argument is so overdone!!!

ETA: :deadhorse:

Every dang year there are the select few who moan and groan about waiting to celebrate... Maybe you have to be announced as a world champion to really understand what they feel on that mat, and then you can tell me they should be just fine sitting there quietly as they realize they're world champions. This argument is so overdone!!!
yeah I feel that I personally don't care I just know they are gonna get so much hate for it thats why I made my post and I hope it wasnt taken the wrong way

Maybe not sit there quietly and wait for their moment but maybe not get up and start taking snapchats.

Just because you personally don't need that much rest doesn't mean everybody is the same. I'm a few years older (21) but unlike most people I go to college with, I can't stay up all night. If I don't get a minimum of eight hours of sleep, I'm exhausted all day and have trouble staying awake in class. Scientifically speaking, teenagers absolutely need plenty of rest to partake in a sport/activity as athletic as cheerleading is. And again, you can't generalize and say they're all up all night after regular practices. When I was still cheering and I had late night practices, my homework was done before practice so that when I got home I could go straight to sleep.

There's also a big difference between staying up late doing something sedentary and competing a routine at midnight.
i know some of the athletes on these teams... i'm not just saying just to say. but once again, if they wanted to get rest, they could've gotten it.

ETA: :deadhorse:
Exactly. My team literally started shaking from trying to stay still because we won Cheersport ATL, let alone worlds. I for one would be sobbing before awards even started, regardless of placement!!

Then I think we're down to Panther's say no if this is the case. We know CSP was a yes, it's logical for F5 to be a no, if Orange said yes and I'm confident WC said yes, then that leaves CA.
There's also other coaches outside of the Big 5, but BlueCat posted something about how it wasn't exactly a vote and that it was clear it wouldn't be unanimous from the start.

I'm a little surprised that Orange wanted a redo since I thought they would still win but whatever

Yes.

From a coaching perspective, I attended a comp where the team two teams before us said that there was a strip of mat out of place creating a little dip in that spot.

Did I send my kids out?

Nope. I made sure the team in front of us got event staff and that no one else went out (including my kids) until they fixed it.
and that's my thing! if i was on that mat, i would've walked to the front over to my coach or an EP and said "this mat is wet and i don't feel safe competing" it's not that hard. they didn't care and they used it as an excuse when they didn't win. (talking about all of the athletes, not just SE (before anyone comes at my throat)

Back