All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also no Obsession in finals. Woof
Can someone give a brief summary of why they haven't had a good season? I know things were rocky at the beginning of the season and towards the end they started getting it together.
But I still fail to see how they placed so low @ NCA and didn't make it to finals at worlds...

Finally caught up. I'm so happy for Steel, been rooting for them for a while! I'm also glad to see some unexpected turns this year! It's always more fun when some new teams win or make it into finals.

It cuts down on the likelihood, but they are still not good for your spine when done with the frequency that flyers pull them.

False. There is no "right" way to unnaturally contort the spine into positions it should not be in.

No matter how they are performed they still create an ungodly amount of unnecessary stress on the spine.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not an expert or anything. But I used to have a lot of back flexibility and I talked at length with my orthopedist about it back in high school and he said that if it's don't correctly it would be fine and I just took it at that.

I just tried to find articles about back flexibility being dangerous and the only things I could find were concerns on forums like this and chalk bucket and rhythmic mom, but all of the people in the forums reported being told the same thing by their orthopedist.
I used the health journal database my nursing school pays for and I couldn't find any scholarly articles relating flexibility to problems either, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't out there.

Do you guys have any sources on the relationship between flexibility and damage? Couldn't the comment about "unnecessary damage" and there being "no 'right way to unnatural contort your..." be said about tumbling, jumps, and stunting?

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not an expert or anything. But I used to have a lot of back flexibility and I talked at length with my orthopedist about it back in high school and he said that if it's don't correctly it would be fine and I just took it at that.

I just tried to find articles about back flexibility being dangerous and the only things I could find were concerns on forums like this and chalk bucket and rhythmic mom, but all of the people in the forums reported being told the same thing by their orthopedist.
I used the health journal database my nursing school pays for and I couldn't find any scholarly articles relating flexibility to problems either, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't out there.

Do you guys have any sources on the relationship between flexibility and damage? Couldn't the comment about "unnecessary damage" and there being "no 'right way to unnatural contort your..." be said about tumbling, jumps, and stunting?
You're talking to a physical therapist and a chiropractor, both with doctorate degrees. We deal with this kinda stuff on a daily basis.

C-rnegXVoAAqpxx.jpg

What division is C5 and obsession? I dont closely follow either team? Is obsession from twist and shout?

ETA: Anyone know what time oo5 competes? Yessss Lady Jags!!!!!

Just my thought, but I think the issue is for the flyers who lack the flexibility in their backs. In my experience, they are pushed very hard to get a straight leg with little concern of injury or pain.

Back