All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And how do you know that they aren't thankful for being at worlds? Seeing them announced in 2nd/3rd is just a tiny snapshot of their lives. You can't say that they aren't grateful just because they're disappointed for half a minute.
I wouldn't be disappointed. Even making it to finals and placing top 10 would be a dream for me.

C-tbyUQUQAAYVao.jpg

I think all the athletes are thankful but it is much easier to realize how amazing it is to be at worlds and place top three or ten or wherever you placed after a couple hours. The disappointment in the initial moments of placements is really hard and super emotional. I have gotten excited over a top four placement and cried happy tears but have also cried over a third place finish so it really depends I guess and I would hope my character wouldn't be judged nearly as harshly as these girls are for my reaction

I think all the athletes are thankful but it is much easier to realize how amazing it is to be at worlds and place top three or ten or wherever you placed after a couple hours. The disappointment in the initial moments of placements is really hard and super emotional. I have gotten excited over a top four placement but have also cried over a third place finish so it really depends I guess and I would hope my character wouldn't be judged nearly as harshly as these girls are for my reaction
eh, I suppose, it must just be me then.

I echo the point-- these are high school kids. Hindsight is 20/20 as adults can look back and know that losing at worlds is a defining moment in their lives but it doesn't define their whole lives-- they just don't have that perspective yet.

ETA- we aren't talking about teams that are dark horses and weren't expected to win. When you're on panthers, senior elite, etc there is the understanding that you are a main contender to win worlds.

Last edited:
Back