All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That came out as more negative than intended. The panel judges' job is to differentiate between teams. Their opinion should determine it, IMO. The legality and deduction judges are looking at, in theory, individual skills/elements to see if they meet whatever criteria they use at that event that week. They are not comparing team to team.
Oh ok, thanks. This makes total sense to me. Plus execution does influence raw score, comparatively. So there's that. I can see both side, though. In other sports an individual mistake can definitely influence the outcome, despite the overall team effort... but all in all I'm not sure I see a need for a tie breaker anyway.

I will say that bringing LAG and Large Coed back into the Field House was a great decision. Good move on that, USASF.
im still confused on how the milkhouse looked half empty during large coed and large senior. I thought i heard from a lot of places that large senior was sold out.

I will say that bringing LAG and Large Coed back into the Field House was a great decision. Good move on that, USASF.
This should change next season when the new venue is completed.

was there a reason as to why beatles changed their dance for day 2?
They changed more than just their dance, they added high-to-high full tick-tocks to their stunts as well. My guess is that they had access to the composite scores and attempted to increase their score in whatever categories they were falling behind on.

Oh, security is serious tonight.

No party at piano pool (at least not in the past 3 hours). Security on the football field. Double check on the wristbands going in and out of Hollywood Studios.

Looks like they decided to step it up this year and I am not mad about it at all!

This should change next season when the new venue is completed.

They changed more than just their dance, they added high-to-high full tick-tocks to their stunts as well. My guess is that they had access to the composite scores and attempted to increase their score in whatever categories they were falling behind on.
They had high 2 high's at show offs. Center flyer went up, and ticked twice. Everyone else went up and did right to left leg high 2 highs.

kassidy neary is literally the worst. How can you be a coach and continue to be disrepectful to other teams, esp knowing smoed has a lot of history of having bad sportsmanship why continue it as a coach

Woodlands Owner tweeted this:
A 4 point deduction for what should have been a performance error. Very sad for our kids. Not bitter, just sad for our kids. Unbelievable.

I agree it's sad to see a team get a huge deduction for what was essentially a minor error. It's not as if Woodlands PLANNED an illegal skill, they simply made a small error after a slightly shaky stunt. Stunting is obviously extremely difficult, and when the difference between between a legal skill and an illegal skill is so minute, it's frustrating to see a team get heavily penalized for an illegality.

Even if you believe Generals deserved to lose, it's troubling that a small error can potentially have a colossal effect on a competition. Unless the majority of the team is doing the skill in an illegal way, it would be nice if the penalty was significantly smaller, not just at Worlds but at any competition, so that results can't potentially get skewed in a ridiculous way.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didnt see they changed it back. Wow. They should've kept it high 2 high.
It's alright, I'm surprised no one noticed (at least no one pointed it out in this thread after they performed)... either that or I've just watched their routine too many times and can identify the changes immediately.

I think high-to-high full around tick-tocks score high? There's a "full turn" element on top of being high-to-high, even though it was lib to lib instead of stretch to stretch.

Is there a thread with scores only? I admit,im too lazy to search for it.
There is one, but it's empty because no one updated it...
2017 Worlds: Score/sheet And Rankings | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

I will try my best to post everything I can find on there, so check back tomorrow if you're in the U.S.

Back