All-Star Worlds Bid Competitions With No Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

3b83f3ddb55a8e4f7c6073301b3bcde0.jpg

This one? There certainly isn't a lot of worlds team, but there's certainly more than 7 total teams competing for a bid even after you subtract teams that already have paid and AL

There's another competition in Alabama giving out 2 paid and 4 AL. How many teams are competing there? I've seen no coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, wrong one!

Rant:

I am frustrated to look at a competition performance order for this weekend where there are 6 Worlds bids (2 paid and 4 at large) and only 7 total worlds teams competing...

I realize that every competition company has different numbers every season and you can't predict who will be coming, so you have to go off of last year's numbers.

However, this competition has never been attended by a very high number of teams, including level 5/6 worlds eligible teams.

In my opinion, there's got to be a better system to ensure that the max number of bids are going where the max number of teams are going to be competing.

Without ruffling any feathers (I hope), I guess I just wanted to vent a bit. In a world where worlds bids are supposed to be very difficult to come by, it's frustrating for me to see that.

Bids are determined by total attendance, not just the number of worlds teams. How many lower level teams attended?

Rant:

I am frustrated to look at a competition performance order for this weekend where there are 6 Worlds bids (2 paid and 4 at large) and only 7 total worlds teams competing...

I realize that every competition company has different numbers every season and you can't predict who will be coming, so you have to go off of last year's numbers.

However, this competition has never been attended by a very high number of teams, including level 5/6 worlds eligible teams.

In my opinion, there's got to be a better system to ensure that the max number of bids are going where the max number of teams are going to be competing.

Without ruffling any feathers (I hope), I guess I just wanted to vent a bit. In a world where worlds bids are supposed to be very difficult to come by, it's frustrating for me to see that.

Wow. I wish we had that problem. We have two bid events close by (within 5 hours drive). The first was in December and had 31 teams vying for 9 bids.

Bids are determined by total attendance, not just the number of worlds teams. How many lower level teams attended?
Just counted and it was 75-80 (i counted fast so don't want to say exact number with confidence)... that seems small to me for a 2 paid bid comp.

Just counted and it was 75-80 (i counted fast so don't want to say exact number with confidence)... that seems small to me for a 2 paid bid comp.

There's some information about bids here:

US All Star Federation: MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES

Only "tier 1" events can give out paid bids, and you have to have had at least 125 teams compete last year to be Tier 1. Then you get 1 paid bid for every 100 teams that competed last year - and it rounds up, so for 120 teams you get 2 paid bids. They must have had a serious decline in attendance this year.

Also, interesting to note, they're getting rid of Tier 2 EPs next year and also getting rid of partial paid bids.

There's some information about bids here:

US All Star Federation: MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES

Only "tier 1" events can give out paid bids, and you have to have had at least 125 teams compete last year to be Tier 1. Then you get 1 paid bid for every 100 teams that competed last year - and it rounds up, so for 120 teams you get 2 paid bids. They must have had a serious decline in attendance this year.

Also, interesting to note, they're getting rid of Tier 2 EPs next year and also getting rid of partial paid bids.
So it will be paid or at large, only?

I am pretty sure current years # of bids is based on previous year attendance. So if attendance was down this year there will likely be fewer bids next year.

Interesting. I wonder if this means that paid bids will be available outside of the U.S. next season, since it's either partial paid or at large (in Canada, anyway).

Same in Germany. I didn't find any information about the IASF though.

Interesting. I wonder if this means that paid bids will be available outside of the U.S. next season, since it's either partial paid or at large (in Canada, anyway).

I doubt it. That page is pretty specific to USASF. Does anyone outside of the US give full paid bids?

Back