All-Star Worlds Discussion Day 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that they should have the top team from each country chosen for finals in prelims. No other world championship ever has multiple teams from the same country...the point is that you send your best to represent you.

But there should still be some sort of cut to get into Finals for the other countries. Finals in the International divisions shouldn't be a parade of nations here. It's supposed to be a top level competition. They're cutting good Sr teams left and right because they missed the top 10, while the Intl divisions have become a huge exhibition for lower level foreign teams.

I understand they want to promote cheerleading across the globe, but lessening the field of top teams so someone can feel good about placing is nonsense. Might as well eliminate scores and send everyone home with a participation medal so everyone can feel good about themselves.

Lets face it "Worlds" isn't really a "World" competition it is a National Competition with a few International Divisions...

Same as Major League Baseball and the NBA--- They call their winners "World Champions" even though all the teams are in the US or Canada. But if the US is the best in the world at the sport, then the title of "World Champions" still makes sense. I'm happy we have Worlds because it's the one REAL National where teams from ALL over the country strive to be. And these teams are the best in the world at what they do.

I don't think international teams would like that... being from Canada I know I'd be proud to win in a division where USA competes too, not just be the best of the non-usa teams.. You need to remember that some international teams do have chances to win worlds, just look at Bankok, Flyers All-Stars, Viqueens, Cheersport Sharks! I kinda understand what you mean, but I respectfully disagree.
I see your point && some of these teams do hang/beat the U.S. teams.. but as I said before do the other international teams that want to compete with the best realize they aren't competing with the best? The standings they get may say 5,6,7 in the world... but that is without including 10-15 other amazing and best of the best teams.. I just hate how this division is laid out but it is a controversial thing and I just hope something happens to make it fair for everyone.. its the same issue every year

Back