All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that, but are they actually going to be able to enforce it is more of what I mean.

It will be something that is enforced after-the-fact. Meaning no one's going to stop a coach from doing it except the coach them self To avoid a penalty. All Thet have to do is enforce it one year and one world winner goes to third-place and no one will ever do it again.

I always feel it's really obvious when I switch from typing Siri to make posts. Stupid auto correct

Next question. Never competed at Worlds so I don't know if this exists. Will teams have a "kiss and cry" section (using that term from figure skating) directly off the mat to celebrate? From what I've seen at competitions teams are ushered to watch their routine back and then to leave. If we're going to eliminate teams celebrating on the mat don't you think it would be good to have a specific room or area that they can do their freakout directly off the mat? Or would we like to diminish all excitement all together?

Next question. Never competed at Worlds so I don't know if this exists. Will teams have a "kiss and cry" section (using that term from figure skating) directly off the mat to celebrate? From what I've seen at competitions teams are ushered to watch their routine back and then to leave. If we're going to eliminate teams celebrating on the mat don't you think it would be good to have a specific room or area that they can do their freakout directly off the mat? Or would we like to diminish all excitement all together?

There is that area and to watch your routine you just competed. And then you can walk outside regroup yourself.

There is that area and to watch your routine you just competed. And then you can walk outside regroup yourself.

So I guess essentially that room could be used to release your emotions/excitement rather than the floor?

Just wanted to clarify that I am NOT anti-cheerlebrity or anti-high profile teams. I think that having individuals and/or teams that others look up to and aspire to be like is GREAT for our sport and for the growth of our sport. Every sport has them and I don't have any problems with it whatsoever. iC booths, being featured on the cover of a magazine, signing autographs, etc. I'm all for it. Just don't let it happen on the competition floor. Let's be professional out there. We can celebrate after our feet have left the floor so the next team can have their moment and we're not all sitting there til midnight for the comp to end.

Agree or disagree with the way it was rolled out, the bottom line is that excessive celebration has become an issue. This isn't about the USASF 'thinking that hugs for kids are bad.' When you are trying to run an event on time and you are having to drag athletes, coaches, and RANDOM FANS (not even attending in an official capacity with the program) off the mat as they disregard your polite instruction, we have a viable issue.

People are upset that the rule isn't vague enough. Others are upset that the enforcement is too vague. Just don't excessively celebrate and it doesn't matter if its worth 2 points, 4 points or 6.

Somebody commented that their favorite part of Worlds was watching the Coaches' emotional reaction after each routine... that's a problem, guys.

At NCA, coaches and fans aren't allowed near the floor. And athletes have to exit so the next team can have THEIR moment on the mat. If each team takes 30 extra seconds, then by the end of the day you are behind by over an hour in one venue. When one venue is behind, crossovers and cooWe don't have to have these same rules in place in Dallas because it hasn't become a problem. If it were to get to the level that Worlds has seen, we would be forced to enstate a similar policy.

Life as we know it at Worlds isn't changing. Nobody here is trying to kill puppies. Please don't attribute every decision or announcement as the 'beginning of the end' of the governing body.

(By the way, I wasn't involved in the creation of this new policy or the pricing, so I'm not speaking on behalf of the USASF. I'm speaking as an Event Producer who runs an event bigger than Worlds and knows the logistical importance of scheduling and maintaining a controlled atmosphere).

I agree with you Justin. I think sometimes people forget that the majority of the industry wants it to be recognized as a true sport and want to be included in the Olympics one day, but to do that you will need to give up a few things: one being excessive celebration and vulgar dances etc. The door swings both ways, everyone is not capable of seeing the big picture. For me Worlds is about the performances, not the celebration or drama that it comes with. Let the kids perform, judge them and see who wins. I agree with the rules wholeheartedly.

In fact if we really want to think outside the box we would just do the time limit and then have a countdown timer on stage that everyone can see. That literally would take care of everything

They could avoid all the drama by just extending time to 3:30 and start the clock at team announced and when last person leaves may and apply penalties as needed if they go over.....they could set it up with intro and exit music so kids knew when to be in place by and when to be off by.

Ok lynch mob calm down. No one is saying you can't celebrate, enjoy your moment and not enjoy Worlds. All it's saying is you can't be obnoxious for 3:30 (or 3:28) if you add 30 secs before and after music.
I read this rule and immediately thought "Yeah, things are getting a little ridiculous". Yes, teams are being OBNOXIOUS parading around the floor, also teams taking FOREVER to get set whether organized or not. And the dog pile, NFL tackles celebrations are ANNOYING! And you know what you are free to still do this, just NOT ON THE FLOOR (excuse caps, I like to use them ;)
If you feel the 30 secs on and off the floor are worth costing your team some points, your a fool. The rules are set so coaches, kids, parents, fans etc. you now know what you can and can't do. Just hit your routine and celebrate OFF THE FLOOR. No one says you can't celebrate, but obviously the obnoxious walking on and off the floor is becoming an issue. I mean the choice could be left up to the coaches, but not all coaches will take the responsibility to curb their teams "celebration" so now your being told when and how to do it. No where is it saying you can't celebrate, CALM DOWN!

Can you imagine Gabbi Douglas at the Olympics nailing her FX and falling to the ground and going crazy and her coaches running up on that floor and falling all over her .... Ya, the world would just REALLY want to see that.... :rolleyes: This is why it needs to stay professional or we'll never get out of our little bubble and expand for all the world to see and appreciate us as a legit sport.

Ok lynch mob calm down. No one is saying you can't celebrate, enjoy your moment and not enjoy Worlds. All it's saying is you can't be obnoxious for 3:30 (or 3:28) if you add 30 secs before and after music.
If this was the case, I could completely support the rule, but I am interpreting the rule to say that if you give a teammate a hug or a high 5 when you are on the mat, you are subject to a 2-6 point deduction. That is my issue. I have no problem with the timing rule or any type of EXCESSIVE, self-absorbant celebration. I just don't think a pat on the back or a hug is excessive or obnoxious and think it is sad to take that type of teammate support away. Kingston's proposal with a visible timer is right on.

If this was the case, I could completely support the rule, but I am interpreting the rule to say that if you give a teammate a hug or a high 5 when you are on the mat, you are subject to a 2-6 point deduction. That is my issue. I have no problem with the timing rule or any type of EXCESSIVE, self-absorbant celebration. I just don't think a pat on the back or a hug is excessive or obnoxious and think it is sad to take that type of teammate support away. Kingston's proposal with a visible timer is right on.
I agree, high 5's and hugs are extreme, and yes kingston 's visible timer is a GREAT idea ;)

Back