All-Star Worlds Medal Counts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It can also be said by the count that they live and die by the routine. They are complex and difficult routines and if they hit they win Gold. If they don't... well the medal count says it all, they don't place. James Speed, Misty Hodges, and all of the rest of the coaches put the athletes in a position to win every time out.

For those that do not know what each of these kids do, like it was said above, they are in the gym 5 to 6 hrs a night for 5-6 nights a week. They cheer all games for the U of L. and have to maintain grade in order to be a part of U of L. They are some of the best talent in cheer assembled in one area and the dedication to the sport, the team, the university and each other is second to none. I am so proud of my daughter and her team for what they were able to accomplish this year

Jamfest 1st
Cheersport 2nd
NCA Allstar 1st and a Jacket
NCA College Nationals 1st and a college ring
First ever STUNT Champions
Worlds Gold and a Ring.

It could be said that girls on GT Pink won the triple crown or the trifecta of cheerleading. I think it was the first time it was ever done.
you forgot GRAND CHAMPS of worlds :)
and i think gymtyme's wins are credible, because many people do all-star teams in the town that their school is in. Gymtyme is lucky that it is closely located to and affiliated with the strongest all-girl program (and one of the strongest coed programs) in the country. It seems like many people choose Louisville so they can do allstars also. i mean, if you can win on a college and allstar level, why wouldnt you do both?

you forgot GRAND CHAMPS of worlds :)
and i think gymtyme's wins are credible, because many people do all-star teams in the town that their school is in. Gymtyme is lucky that it is closely located to and affiliated with the strongest all-girl program (and one of the strongest coed programs) in the country. It seems like many people choose Louisville so they can do allstars also. i mean, if you can win on a college and allstar level, why wouldnt you do both?

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOT THAT! Thank you

I agree with the Open Coed 6 thing. and it really doesn't help that they wear U of L uniforms. That always throws me. Like are you GymTyme or U of L? at worlds it should be GymTyme. and I know I know I get the logistics of not having to buy another uniform but still...

This team is a true All-star team. In the sense that they have athletes from all over the United States competing. They come together and compete just for the qualifier and Worlds weekend. Why would they not be able to ware the Cardinal Uniform. seems they are quite proud to do so and it is available for them as well.

How about Top Gun? It is known that boys move to Miami for school and to cheer there. Guess their medals don't count. I actually think Bucky and Santwon both cheered for Top Gun while going to school at Louisville (correct me if I am wrong). CA Wildcats's medals don't count because their athletes come from all over to practice and some also cheer for their school. SOT IOC5 doesn't count because they have athletes from different Universities. Sorry I just think that if you are going to say this about Gym Tyme you better apply it to every other gym that has the same thing going on.

Bucky and Santwon weren't going to school at Louisville when they cheered at Top Gun. I agree with your point though. Gyms pull in athletes all kinds of ways. I would never discount Gym Tyme's success just because talented athletes choose to go to school at Louisville and also cheer for Gym Tyme. I actually give the kids that go to school, cheer for both Louisville and Gym Tyme alot of respect. That is one heck of a full schedule.

The reason athletes migrate to certain areas of the country is because of a gym's success and they want to be part of it.

Bucky and Santwon weren't going to school at Louisville when they cheered at Top Gun. I agree with your point though. Gyms pull in athletes all kinds of ways. I would never discount Gym Tyme's success just because talented athletes choose to go to school at Louisville and also cheer for Gym Tyme. I actually give the kids that go to school, cheer for both Louisville and Gym Tyme alot of respect. That is one heck of a full schedule.

The reason athletes migrate to certain areas of the country is because of a gym's success and they want to be part of it.

Along with Palm Trees and South Beach.. they are enticing in their own way.. lol

I would like to see UK compete in the IOC6 division. Kentucky vs. Louisville, now that would be worth the ridiculous price of admission.

I would like to see UK compete in the IOC6 division. Kentucky vs. Louisville, now that would be worth the ridiculous price of admission.

There are boys from UK on GT IOC6 as well as Cali.

King and I were talking about this at worlds. They should give the top 5 winners from UCA, and NAC college nationals in the CoEd 6 a bid to worlds. That would bring the 10 top teams in the USA in the CoEd 6 division together.

Not to discredit GymTyme's success, but I have never valued their wins as I do others. That is, University of Louisville attracts the premier cheer athletes from the entire country; many are concentrated in one city and participate on GymTyme's all-star teams. That is the nature of the beast, and they are truly talented. It's just not the same type of win to me.

Ya know.....if your gym had a successful University cheerleading program that fed into your allstar gym....and it won a bunch of Gold Medals, then I doubt you would be posting anything like this. Jealousy a tough pill to swallow. GymTyme awesome!

Over-all!
All the programs/gyms listed were amazing . .and will stay at that . . .
Congrats to CA for the highest medal count . . . keep up!
As for the Gymtyme issue . . . being on U of L Chher is already a lot for one college student . . .and to maintain a grade to be able to continue and be kept on the team is already a lot of pressure . . . . Now, what kind of win would pay-off if you still want to do All Star Cheer? [bet your jaw just dropped but ill help you find the words] . . . It's the kind of win that should awarded for these multi-talented, fierce time managers, with superhuman amount of endurance . . . that's a lot of pressure and can you even imagine how these kids could still study at night after hours of practice?? I bet they have ice packs on their bruises while reading their books. Forgive me . . . but what you're saying to everyone here . . . is the kind of discredit youre giving to a gym with a lot of hardworking athletes.

Thank you for that correction. I wasn't sure if they did or not but now I know. I think I got the years they cheered there mixed up and thought Bucky was on the 08 team but it was 07. oppsie

As for them wearing their Louisville uniforms, they compete what 2 maybe 3 times a year as Gym Tyme, why buy a new uniform for that?
Not cheering and getting ready to graduate I personally can't even begin to imagine how those athletes who are graduating or even just in school in general can manage it all, but heck if they can more power to them. I wish I had that much energy and drive.

Lol nooooo where near cheer athletics medals but

Texas Lonestar has a silver and possibly a bronze ( lvl 6 this 2011 worlds)

Not to discredit GymTyme's success, but I have never valued their wins as I do others. That is, University of Louisville attracts the premier cheer athletes from the entire country; many are concentrated in one city and participate on GymTyme's all-star teams. That is the nature of the beast, and they are truly talented. It's just not the same type of win to me.

To add my 2 cents and having a cheerleader that was on a team that won Worlds before becoming a part of GymTyme and U of L's program--winning Worlds in an incredible accomplishment and should never be devalued. Just because you have talented cheerleaders on a team does not guarentee you are going to win Worlds. A win at World is a win at Worlds--something that is extremely difficult to do under any circumstances. Dito what some others have posted--these kids have an incredibly demanding schedule that has to be kept up month after month while going to college, cheering for games, practicing an incredible number of hours a week--and being away from home living on their own. They do what they do because they love the sport and they have an incredible amount of dedication and committment--it is not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination and I would say that it is actually much more difficult and demanding for them compared to just being on an All Star team and living at home. I actually value and cherish their wins all the more.

Back