All-Star Worlds Order Of Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I might go to Sea to Sky (the last Canadian comp) on Sunday so I can try to update on the world's and summit bids. Although some might be deferred...
Thanks! I've always wondered why they don't just wait a few more days to do the lottery drawing for the schedule until all the bids have been given out. I get that they want to get something out, but it seems odd to have to go back and add in those few teams.

I might go to Sea to Sky (the last Canadian comp) on Sunday so I can try to update on the world's and summit bids. Although some might be deferred...

I always assumed they were automatically deferred bids, but I know someone got one last year and used it last year. Kudos to them for planning that in under 2 weeks.

I was told that team had planned to go to worlds last year to watch, so they had everything booked when they got the bid. Which is lucky since Sea to Sky was the week before worlds last year. Most teams do defer bids though, since airfare is depressingly expensive this time of year. (Looked at Air Canada for giggles; a round trip flight from Vancouver to Orlando is $1200.)

I remember that. I was surprised USASF could get everything together in 1 week for a team. ;)

Well, if it means they get more money I'm sure they'd do anything...
One of the bad things about deferred bids is that it makes it almost impossible to make a guess at who will get the bids.

I still wonder how teams keep these deferred bids with the amount of change they could potentially have in athletes from year to year, especially the Open teams. How many get wasted cos teams change too much?? Or traded in for a PP and lost in the next season

I still wonder how teams keep these deferred bids with the amount of change they could potentially have in athletes from year to year, especially the Open teams. How many get wasted cos teams change too much?? Or traded in for a PP and lost in the next season

In the UK all the bids are deffered as most bid comps are in may-July as that is our end of season. The teams are different and I dont think roster rules apply until the next season when they are going to worlds

i feel for the people who live internationally this year as i will feel your pain as well… i will be in the UK for work and want to know if the feed works there?

should i pay for the live stream for worlds or no? i've heard mixed feed back on it.

If you expect a well run livestream that starts when the first team goes on and works all weekend long: no.

If you want to come here, complain about it, want to learn about nodes, are ready for near-heartattacks because the livestream buffers just when your favorite team gets on the mat, crack up about someone's cat and skeleton and dad-jokes all while watching the livestream on a tiny screen because yours doesn't work: yes.

Over the past years some got lucky and had a great livestream while others weren't lucky and basically couldn't watch a single team. The more popoular worlds is, the worse it gets. People have had luck with a roku, it might be worth investing in that.
We're also all hoping that FloSports will stream worlds this year (fingers crossed) because they put on excellent livestreams for NCA, UCA and NCA College Nationals. There were only a handful of people that had problems with them, compared to a few hundred that had problems with the USASF livestream.

I actually put a reminder in my calendar for this year to think about purchasing the livestream very well because last year was horrible.

i feel for the people who live internationally this year as i will feel your pain as well… i will be in the UK for work and want to know if the feed works there?
From what I heard it can work but the problem is staying awake to watch teams then the live stream getting oversaturated and getting kicked out if you fall asleep that's why I will hopefully be watching on periscope

If you expect a well run livestream that starts when the first team goes on and works all weekend long: no.

If you want to come here, complain about it, want to learn about nodes, are ready for near-heartattacks because the livestream buffers just when your favorite team gets on the mat, crack up about someone's cat and skeleton and dad-jokes all while watching the livestream on a tiny screen because yours doesn't work: yes.

Over the past years some got lucky and had a great livestream while others weren't lucky and basically couldn't watch a single team. The more popoular worlds is, the worse it gets. People have had luck with a roku, it might be worth investing in that.
We're also all hoping that FloSports will stream worlds this year (fingers crossed) because they put on excellent livestreams for NCA, UCA and NCA College Nationals. There were only a handful of people that had problems with them, compared to a few hundred that had problems with the USASF livestream.

I actually put a reminder in my calendar for this year to think about purchasing the livestream very well because last year was horrible.
Invested in Roku last year and it worked great. Very simple set up and I think only once did I have a problem with it freezing.

I'm pretty sure people will Periscope, I just need to see a couple teams from each division. But I wouldn't mind actually watching everyone if It was possible. But since you put it that way..... Lol I'm scared now.

Back