All-Star Worlds Updates Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The most interesting thing is Orange might have lost the toast (or performance) category and killed everyone in all the other categories.

So my question is if you win performance but lost the other categories should you beat them team that won all the other categories?

Orange scoresheeted them. Winning was more important than being a crowd favorite.
Not necessarily. It was just too technical for me they looked like robots, there was nothing that excited me about the routine. There should be a happy middle ground between execution and performance.

Did anyone see Cheer Central Suns Solstice? I think they just performed. (Small Coed) I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how they did!

I think as a fan Orange is a little harder to get into, whereas a team like SE or Stars is a lot of wow factor... As a coach, I want to fix that Stars routine and clean it up and I want to marry Roger for making Rays look like they are holding a seminar on proper technique. I appreciate Orange because I want every stunt to look exactly like that, not because I'm going "Oh! That was fun and cute!"

If I want fun and cute I can hire someone to give me motions/dance/whatever, but as a coach 95% of my time is spent on technique. And it still never comes close to what Rays does so when I see it I'm like "ugh yes, you win all the awards and deserve all the cake."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

yessss can I shimmy this times a thousand?

using stunts as an example...when orange twists, there's an obvious hollow positioning with no swinging arms/legs. The same cannot be said for every other team. They hit positions on the same count, in the same position without any balance checks. The dbl downs are all hollowed with toes pointed and little to no helicoptering. That's just one section of the routine. Multiply that by every section and you get to be in first when you are matching difficulty.
I understand that, I guess I just don't see it with orange. Their elite stunt for example, the timing is off on the double ups and the handstand to lib is very shaky with lots of bent knees. Idk they're deff clean just not that clean in my opinion.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I just watched SE again, I think they need to wear white uniforms tomorrow, black looked clean at NCA but it doesn't look as clean here. And they should do something other than that dance during tumbling. It seems rushed & a little cluttered.

The most interesting thing is Orange might have lost the toast (or performance) category and killed everyone in all the other categories.

So my question is if you win performance but lost the other categories should you beat them team that won all the other categories?

Orange scoresheeted them. Winning was more important than being a crowd favorite.

Which is perfectly fine. Nobody is denying that Orange is talented. Everyone says Orange executes everything they do extremely well... there is no denying it. They still aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

I personally enjoy more personalty and performance in routines.

Orange gets the job done, but they're never going to be my favorite and I will never think of them as anything other than "clean". I will never say "man Orange sure got out there and put on an entertaining show and really performed"

how_cdn_works.png

This is how a CDN works. And, honestly, if they have paid for appropriate serving it should be great for everyone.

Where is that drooling and head spinning emoji? So over my head.

Which is perfectly fine. Nobody is denying that Orange is talented. Everyone says Orange executes everything they do extremely well... there is no denying it. They still aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

I personally enjoy more personalty and performance in routines.

Orange gets the job done, but they're never going to be my favorite and I will never think of them as anything other than "clean". I will never say "man Orange sure got out there and put on an entertaining show and really performed"

Yes I understand. Like I said, they care about winning more than being a favorite.

Not necessarily. It was just too technical for me they looked like robots, there was nothing that excited me about the routine. There should be a happy middle ground between execution and performance.

Thats a scoresheet. Score wise they were more clean and technical than other teams were more exciting. There is a middle ground. They did what they do better than other teams did what they do better.

Back