All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

you know those few seconds before the music starts when you're on the mat? well, on day two of cheersport a few years ago a girl decided right then that she wanted to quit. so she just walked off the stage. needless to say, we totally bombed.

this is rediculous you can atleast finish for your team and THEN, AFTER quit
i would be furious.

The 2nd day of a nig competition I was loading the bus to the area going down some grassy hill. Completely lost my footing and "rolled" my ankle. Thought I was going to die from the pain but faked it and hobbled through wram ups and adrenaline completely took over on the floor, like nothing had ever happened. Second I got off the floor it all came rushing and I couldnt move. Traveled 6 hours back home on the bus and go to the doctor the next day when my foot was 3 times normal size to come to find out I broke my foot. Great story to tell people I broke my foot while walking down a hill, haha.

At a competition a couple years ago a team was competing and I was waiting for the vip section. I was near the corner of the stage and a girl tumbled towards this corner and in the handspring her arm broke. You could hear her screaming before the music was turned off. Needless to say, I wasn't too thrilled about competing later :/

I also got lost in the venue before awards once. All the entrances looked the same and I didn't know where to go... It was really embarrassing when I ran out to the floor just as my team was getting our award

I'd say that anything messing up at any major competition (whether it's me or not) is the worst feeling.
Though, I'm glad that I can say I've never gotten injured, busted, or had a stunt fall because of me.

either breaking my elbow in the middle of our routine and finishing it out, or getting knocked out in the middle of the routine and being carried off the floor...both very embarrassing lol.

I sprained my ankle really bad in the beginning of the routine it sucks, I'm sure many of you know what that feels like.

During my freshman year when we went to state we dropped half of our pyrimid really bad and we thought we were gonna get last place. So during awards they call 5th place - not us (yes!). 4th- not us. 3rd- not us 2nd- not us, by then we just start screaming because we were so shocked that we had won even though we had a bad day. They call 1st place, not us. So we are all sitting there like WTF?!
Apparently there were actually 6 teams in our division, not 5 and we had been disqualified for illegal stunts. The best part? One of the moms got it alll on tape.

My first year of allstar cheer back in 8th grade, my whole team was fairly new to allstar cheer. We were a team of 20 and only about 8 of them had done allstars. And middle school cheer only did like extensions so extended single leg stunts were pretty hard for some groups. Anyways we dropped a stunt at our first 4 comps. The 5th one was a pretty big deal since we were going against 11 teams and 4 of them were local gyms. So we get to our stunts and they hit PERFECT. And then comes the pyramid which we always hit. Anyways the middle group did a full up to prep, and for some odd reason the base thought she would catch the girls foot with her face causing the prep to fall and then everyone else decided "Hey lets fall too!!" long story short the whole pyramid fell and 13 people were on the floor. We got 5th place and the 4 teams that beat us were the local gyms....-_______- we wouldve gotten 2nd if we had hit!

- with my old allstar team i flew & my backspot was one of my school friends. we were in a fight & she said she would make me fall. i didn't think she was serious until i was in a squish & i felt her push me forward so i hit the ground in the middle of a competition..
- 1 competition was just a mess 1 girl busted in standing tumbling, my stunt fell because the secondary base pulled the stunt over her head, people were going out of order for running tumbling because the girl who fell in standing tumbling didn't go, the girl i tumbled with told me to go at some count that wasn't ours because someone went on ours & the count we took was the girl behind us & she runs way more than we do so she basically tucked over me.. & we were late to baskets so they were off timing. worst comp ever but we changed all stunt groups & tumbling passes then went on to win every comp. after that:)
- at u.s. spirit nationals you take a bus to warmups so both days after competing with 1 team i had to run & pray there was a bus there then take it to warmups for my other team. 1st day there was a bus so i made it 2nd we had to wait a little & i made the last mat. SO nerve wracking.
- competing back to back with my teams & not being able to breathe. it was really enjoyable when my flyer screamed "get me the f*** back up" after if was her fault she butted out & fell.
- i had rolled my ankle really badly at the last practice before the u.s. finals so i took care of it to make sure i was good for the competition. in warmups doing my quad toe double bhs i rolled it again & it hurt so bad but i ignored it since we were going on in a few minutes. during my pass out of my handspring my ankle cracked & i couldn't set therefore busting my tuck.. it sucked & my ankle was so messed up for awhile after but we won anyways

forgot 1..
- seeing my teammate (i pass her from pyramid to dance transition) push it out through the dance even though she desperately had to throw up & kept swallowing it to finish the routine. she looked miserable & i obviously couldn't do anything to help :(

me and this one girl got concussions during the dance at a jamfest comp. a couple years ago. it was the worst thing ever i mean at least it was the dance so it was the last like 30 seconds of the routine...but it was at the very beginning of the dance. so.... yeah. and all i remember is starting, then my head hurt, didn't know what was going on, could not for the life of me remember the motions after that. then all of a sudden BAM!! snapped out of it and finished the dance. i watch the video all the time... ugh. the after we both sat around in pain. ahhh good times

you know those few seconds before the music starts when you're on the mat? well, on day two of cheersport a few years ago a girl decided right then that she wanted to quit. so she just walked off the stage. needless to say, we totally bombed.

That sounds like a case of premeditated "how can I hurt them the most" - lovely girl and I want to know what her parents thought - hopefully they busted her tail, but why do I doubt it?

Worlds 2010: I was the ONLY deduction of my teams whole routine on day two by busting my tumbling, and that ONE deduction was the difference between us getting a globe and getting fourth.

werrrk15 said:
Worlds 2010: I was the ONLY deduction of my teams whole routine on day two by busting my tumbling, and that ONE deduction was the difference between us getting a globe and getting fourth.

Oh no. That REEEAALLY stinks! I'm sorry for u and ur teammates :' (

Hi-Phlyer21 said:
me and this one girl got concussions during the dance at a jamfest comp. a couple years ago. it was the worst thing ever i mean at least it was the dance so it was the last like 30 seconds of the routine...but it was at the very beginning of the dance. so.... yeah. and all i remember is starting, then my head hurt, didn't know what was going on, could not for the life of me remember the motions after that. then all of a sudden BAM!! snapped out of it and finished the dance. i watch the video all the time... ugh. the after we both sat around in pain. ahhh good times

OUCH!!

Back