All-Star Yoga & Cheerleading...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some yoga classes (depending on how full- Yoga to the People in NYC is donation based, so they get packed) get hot on their own just from the amount of people together in one room (which I prefer- I couldn't do 'extra hot' yoga).

Hot yoga is too much for me..although the room does need to be warm enough. I tried taking a yoga class at a gym one time and the room was FREEZING.

I took my cp to hot yoga once and she swore she would NEVER do it again. About a quarter of the way into the class, I saw a look of panic set in because you're really discouraged from leaving the room, although all you want to do is run out and get a breath of fresh, cool air and drink of water. It didn't help when the rather large, extremely sweaty lady next to her fell on her during one of the poses. Nonetheless, if you can tolerate the extreme conditions and rules of hot yoga, I imagine it would be great for balance and flexibility.

I've found with hot yoga that if you enter the room and just lay for about 10-15 minutes ahead to let your body acclimatize to the heat, I do better. And I hate heat with a passion.

My stunting partner and I take hot yoga together to stretch our bodies out more than a normal cheerleader would be used to stretching. The heated room mixed with the repetition over time is so good for the muscles and it's not just stretching muscles and ligaments but it's making your body stronger at the same time.

During condition with my Sr. Team last night, we discussed canceling a practice and everyone going to Hot Yoga as a squad.

Just remember that it's 100 plus degrees in the room and you're going to sweat from literally every part of your body. Bring a towel! And a change of clothes for after you're done lol!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm totally on the anti-heat board of governors! and I approve this statement.
Everyone flipped around here because the weather dipped to like 22 last night. I still slept in a tank top with my fan on and an extra fan on the side of my bed pointed straight at me. I like being cold.

To me hot yoga sounds like my personal version of heaven :cloud9:.

I HATE being cold and when I go to friend's houses during winter you could think I prepared for camping outside when it's freezing.... I should definitely look into hot-yoga. Might help me to get through the winter months.

I took my cp to hot yoga once and she swore she would NEVER do it again. About a quarter of the way into the class, I saw a look of panic set in because you're really discouraged from leaving the room, although all you want to do is run out and get a breath of fresh, cool air and drink of water. It didn't help when the rather large, extremely sweaty lady next to her fell on her during one of the poses. Nonetheless, if you can tolerate the extreme conditions and rules of hot yoga, I imagine it would be great for balance and flexibility.
So sorry - will try to not let that happen again...;) I don't think ours was actually too bad heat wise...but CP has no interest in going back. Too bad...I think it would be good for her.

Back