OT You know you're a cheerleader when...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When you and your sister are at the cheer gym everyday, and all the sudden the head coach kicks both of you out of the gym because you have pink eye, you argue that it is not an excuse to miss practice, and you promise you will sit out if thats what it takes to stay for practice, but are still told to go home, and then cry over missing one practice...and you both agree it was the worst day ever just because you missed one practice. Then you convince mom to let you go to practice the next day at another gym, and complain to the 2 coaches there about the head coach kicking you out of practice the day before, and they just laugh.

-the password to your iPhone is the name of one of your favorite teams
-you drive 3.5hrs twice a week to go to a gym thats in a different time zone so you might be able to go to worlds
-during the summer youre on fierce board ALL DAY because you have nothing better to do
-you practice 7 days a week during competition season
-your hair is in a pony tail more than it is down
-you hear California Gurls by Katy Perry and automatically think "That would be cute if Cali used that for an all girl team!"
-you spend more time at a gym than you do at your house
-you get invited to something you have to wear a nice dress for and you look in your closet and say "I dont have anything other than cheer stuff...."
-any more than half of your pjs is cheer related
-you say "Where are all the pony tail holders?!" and your sister says "Check your bed"
-someone on your team says "Can you wrap my wrist?" and you say "Yup. How tight do you want it wrapped?"
-you have a BUNCH of hair bows and ribbons in your closet
-your cheer clothes are more comfy than your fav pjs
-you ALWAYS carry a hair bow with you wherever you go
-you ALWAYS carry advil with you
-you're texting and somehow the convo always goes back to cheerleading
-you and your sis randomly shout "HIT! HIT! HIT! PULL!" marking the routine perfectly in sync at the grocery store and people look at you like WTF are they doing???
-you fall asleep listening to cheer music at night
-you wake up, mark your routine, THEN get out of bed
-your friend asks you if you wanna hang out and you say "Hang on. Lemme look at the competition schedule and see if I'm free this weekend."
-99% of your t-shirts are from a cheer gym or competitions
-all of your sweat shirts are from competitions
-you see yourself doing a completely insane tumbling pass and you know that youre nowhere close to doing that pass
-you use the word "FIERCE" in an every day convo that has nothing to do with cheerleading
-you sprain your ankle and without going to the doctor you know its sprained because youve sprained it 7 other times (ive sprained my right ankle 8 times. sadly im not lying about that.)
-you wonder what "normal" people do during the weekend instead of cheerleading
-youre on fierce board more than youre on facebook
-youre randomly stretching while on fierce board and dont realize it
-you realize that you have 2 weeks off of cheering because the gym is closed and you wonder what youre gonna do with all this time you now have and you spend most of that time on fierce board

I have to leave to go to practice but I'll be back with more later :)

-the password to your iPhone is the name of one of your favorite teams
-you drive 3.5hrs twice a week to go to a gym thats in a different time zone so you might be able to go to worlds
-during the summer youre on fierce board ALL DAY because you have nothing better to do
-you practice 7 days a week during competition season
-your hair is in a pony tail more than it is down
-you hear California Gurls by Katy Perry and automatically think "That would be cute if Cali used that for an all girl team!"
-you spend more time at a gym than you do at your house
-you get invited to something you have to wear a nice dress for and you look in your closet and say "I dont have anything other than cheer stuff...."
-any more than half of your pjs is cheer related
-you say "Where are all the pony tail holders?!" and your sister says "Check your bed"
-someone on your team says "Can you wrap my wrist?" and you say "Yup. How tight do you want it wrapped?"
-you have a BUNCH of hair bows and ribbons in your closet
-your cheer clothes are more comfy than your fav pjs
-you ALWAYS carry a hair bow with you wherever you go
-you ALWAYS carry advil with you
-you're texting and somehow the convo always goes back to cheerleading
-you and your sis randomly shout "HIT! HIT! HIT! PULL!" marking the routine perfectly in sync at the grocery store and people look at you like WTF are they doing???
-you fall asleep listening to cheer music at night
-you wake up, mark your routine, THEN get out of bed
-your friend asks you if you wanna hang out and you say "Hang on. Lemme look at the competition schedule and see if I'm free this weekend."
-99% of your t-shirts are from a cheer gym or competitions
-all of your sweat shirts are from competitions
-you see yourself doing a completely insane tumbling pass and you know that youre nowhere close to doing that pass
-you use the word "FIERCE" in an every day convo that has nothing to do with cheerleading
-you sprain your ankle and without going to the doctor you know its sprained because youve sprained it 7 other times (ive sprained my right ankle 8 times. sadly im not lying about that.)
-you wonder what "normal" people do during the weekend instead of cheerleading
-youre on fierce board more than youre on facebook
-youre randomly stretching while on fierce board and dont realize it
-you realize that you have 2 weeks off of cheering because the gym is closed and you wonder what youre gonna do with all this time you now have and you spend most of that time on fierce board

I have to leave to go to practice but I'll be back with more later :)
love this soooo true <3

I broke my big toe doing this! .. the night before a competition
halz24 said:
-When you try maddie's 360 ball up tic toc on the ground at your house and end up hurting yourself

-when you tumble and mark your routine wherever you go.
-when you have over 100 cheer mixes on your iPod.
-your family and non cheer friends get sooo annoyed when you talk about cheer all the time
-you constantly have to say"I can't I have cheer"
-you spend hours on YouTube and cheerlibrary watching your favorite teams and memorizing routines.
-you constantly have cheer music and voiceovers stuck in your head
-you are emotionally attached to your uniform, bows and shoes.
-you spend hours doing stunt sequences from your favorite teams just to make them look perfect.
-you are sore all the time from cheering.
-you would rather go cheer than go to a dance or go out with your friends.
-you ask for a trip to worlds or your favorite gym for Christmas.

Back