All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry if it's been discussed. This was My reality this morning. I just can't believe they think that the kids running the booth can possibly distribute 1000s of tickets in any kind of timely manner. They were doing the best they could but come on... It's not realistic. We have a little thing called email and even heaven forbid snail mail that could have gotten this info to parents way ahead of time. Please Varsity? For next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if it's been discussed. This was My reality this morning. I just can't believe they think that the kids running the booth can possibly distribute 1000s of tickets in any kind of timely manner. They were doing the best they could but come on... It's not realistic. We have a little thing called email and even heaven forbid snail mail that could have gotten this info to parents way ahead of time. Please Varsity? For next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL this doesn't make you crazy at all!

I always get pissed thinking about the amount of money we pay for our athletes, we are expected to pay exorbitant fees to see what our hard earned money producing... I think, there should be a special fee for parents or family fees at some of these competitions... I still remember my husband and I, at some expensive competitions having to share the wristband...He caught the Saturdays performances and I watched the Sundays performances...Just too crazy!

Last edited:
I always find it crazy that parents have to pay to get in to see their children compete. My younger cousin does competitive dance, and it's free to go watch her compete! That's the way it should be.
That sounds like a ludicrous dream! We have problems, LOL.

I always find it crazy that parents have to pay to get in to see their children compete. My younger cousin does competitive dance, and it's free to go watch her compete! That's the way it should be.

The competition fees for competitive dance are usually much higher than competitive cheer though, so cheer really pays less - it's not uncommon for a competitive dancer to be paying upwards of $500-$750 per competition just in entry fees (and don't get me started on how much more $costumes are). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think w/ cheer even w/ crossover fees are maybe at the most $150 per comp for a regular comp?

Yeah - I never really get that upset over the admission fees at cheer comps cause overall it's so much cheaper than dance ;).

The thing that annoys me the most is the whole "cash only" thing - I never have cash on me regularly and it just adds another thing to do to an already busy day - and being in an unfamiliar city looking for an ATM that doesn't charge a fee is always a blast ;/.

The competition fees for competitive dance are usually much higher than competitive cheer though, so cheer really pays less - it's not uncommon for a competitive dancer to be paying upwards of $500-$750 per competition just in entry fees (and don't get me started on how much more $costumes are). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think w/ cheer even w/ crossover fees are maybe at the most $150 per comp for a regular comp?

Yeah - I never really get that upset over the admission fees at cheer comps cause overall it's so much cheaper than dance ;).

The thing that annoys me the most is the whole "cash only" thing - I never have cash on me regularly and it just adds another thing to do to an already busy day - and being in an unfamiliar city looking for an ATM that doesn't charge a fee is always a blast ;/.
That's ridiculous! Now I'm thinking back to when I learned that Vivi's ugly bee costume on Dance Moms was $300....

My aunt definitely pays a lot for dance, but my cousin only does 4 competitions and doesn't travel. She's not highly competitive, I'm sure if her studio was a more competitive studio it would add up with all the registration fees.

In our area that would be true for a child dancing several solos, as there are fewer people to split entry fees, but I think those kids are rare. CP has danced for 9 years, so we are clued into what goes on in the local studios. Most competition dancers we know are in 4-5 numbers and average entry fees per competition are around $300 or so. They tend to only do 3-4 competitions a year though. Costumes can be pricey. Average is probably around $125 for a group costume, and solo costumes go about $200 or so for a custom made one, more if you do excessive stoning.

Normally dance comp fees are about $90
Per solo per comp, $75 per dancer per duo/trio per comp, $35-40 per dancer per group per comp. I'd say most competitive dancers do at least one solo and maybe about 5-6 groups per comp - but it's not uncommon for a serious comp dancer to be in about 10 groups, 2 duo/trios and 2 solos - so do the math on that one! - and that's per comp! Costumes can range from about $100 all the way up to ~$500 per dance, but on average they are usually around $200 for each dance.

Lol - see now how that free admission is really the least they can do? Haha.

Normally dance comp fees are about $90
Per solo per comp, $75 per dancer per duo/trio per comp, $35-40 per dancer per group per comp. I'd say most competitive dancers do at least one solo and maybe about 5-6 groups per comp - but it's not uncommon for a serious comp dancer to be in about 10 groups, 2 duo/trios and 2 solos - so do the math on that one! - and that's per comp! Costumes can range from about $100 all the way up to ~$500 per dance, but on average they are usually around $200 for each dance.

Lol - see now how that free admission is really the least they can do? Haha.

NCA was $167 per athlete for 2016... so $167 x ~30 girls on the team = $5010 (+$89 a coach) divided by the 180 seconds they perform = $27 a second to perform at NCA. When you compare time on the floor, being judged, cheer is outrageous.

(For comparison, 6 dancers @ $40 each for a 2 minute dance = $2 a second.) While neither are cheap activities, I'd still call dance a better deal.

Back