All-Star Young Champions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
Does anyone have any details about this? Or know where I could find a rule book for it? Some kids in my tumbling class are in it and wanted me to do a stunting private. Apparently they don't cheer for anyone they just compete, but I've never heard of it before! Is it new? What can I teach them?

Does anyone have any details about this? Or know where I could find a rule book for it? Some kids in my tumbling class are in it and wanted me to do a stunting private. Apparently they don't cheer for anyone they just compete, but I've never heard of it before! Is it new? What can I teach them?
I coach for them so I have the coaches manual. If you want to message me I can give you some info.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's like a nationwide organization that has different locations across the country where they rent places such as halls schools and the such to offer a more affordable cheer option. Each region has a director, assistant director, field reps, and coaches like me. The teams only compete against other young champion teams from their region at the end of "season" competition. The seasons are like regular seasons, fall, winter, spring, and summer and it runs year round. After each season the girls evaluate to go to a different colored Pom to show a higher level. Each color Pom can do higher skills. Though their levels are way off from allstar or rec and confusing. Toe touches and basic prep stunting aren't even allowed to be taught until the girls have evaluated after about 7 seasons I believe.

Last edited:
It's like a nationwide organization that has different locations across the country where they rent places such as halls schools and the such to offer a more affordable cheer option. Each region has a director, assistant director, field reps, and coaches like me. The teams only compete against other young champion teams from their region at the end of "season" competition. The seasons are like regular seasons, fall, winter, spring, and summer and it runs year round. After each season the girls evaluate to go to a different colored Pom to show a higher level. Each color Pom can do higher skills. Though their levels are way off from allstar or rec and confusing. Toe touches and basic prep stunting aren't even allowed to be taught until the girls have evaluated after about 7 seasons I believe.

If they can't do toe touches...what the heck are they doing for 7 seasons?

We used to have to teach young champions as part of our college team. They basically took everything about cheerleading and threw it out the window and said "let's make up completely new names for things that already exist." A bench is a prep. A whip is a toe touch. It was the most confusing thing. They were doing full twist baskets and even *gasp* back tuck baskets, these are elementary school children, who clearly shouldn't have been doing either. It was a hot mess. I'm not sure why it exists but it does.

We used to have to teach young champions as part of our college team. They basically took everything about cheerleading and threw it out the window and said "let's make up completely new names for things that already exist." A bench is a prep. A whip is a toe touch. It was the most confusing thing. They were doing full twist baskets and even *gasp* back tuck baskets, these are elementary school children, who clearly shouldn't have been doing either. It was a hot mess. I'm not sure why it exists but it does.

Those things are not even allowed now. The highest they can go is toe touch baskets or kick singles. And that is at the elite level which is the final level and has a bottom age of 13 I believe. But yes they renamed everything. And it is just super confusing.

Those things are not even allowed now. The highest they can go is toe touch baskets or kick singles. And that is at the elite level which is the final level and has a bottom age of 13 I believe. But yes they renamed everything. And it is just super confusing.

Well I think that's the thing. The coaches have no clue what they are even talking about and like rec league it's mostly just parents except I think it's more dangerous because it's not just cheers a little stunting it's competitive with inexperienced coaches on grass. This "coach" swore to me up and down that they were allowed to do back tuck baskets and that the rule book said they were legal when clearly no one in their right mind would halfway believe that's true.

Well I think that's the thing. The coaches have no clue what they are even talking about and like rec league it's mostly just parents except I think it's more dangerous because it's not just cheers a little stunting it's competitive with inexperienced coaches on grass. This "coach" swore to me up and down that they were allowed to do back tuck baskets and that the rule book said they were legal when clearly no one in their right mind would halfway believe that's true.

This legit scares me. Allstar has too few coaching regulations as it is! When did this become a thing?

Last edited:

Pretty much. I started as an assistant and I was constantly correcting the head coach like um hello. Like I only ever did all star and coached pop warner but I knew leaps and bounds more than this girl.

Wait. Mini aged kids doing back tuck baskets and competing on GRASS?

Are these teams on YouTube? This has reached "so crazy and irresponsible that I need to see this to believe it" territory.

Back