All-Star Youngest Person On A Level 5 Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a couple a of 6 year olds with fulls on our Youth 5, both doubled at 7 when were with Premier TN.. That was 4 years ago.. They are on Senior Open 5 @ PrimeTyme now.. Awesome tumblers.. That's the youngest I can think of

I saw on the earlier thread titled, "A New Maddie?" that the little one in the videos Madison, just turned 7 in February I think it said? And she is on youth elite, which would have made her 6 when she made it. The thread also said she threw her full at 6, a week before her 7th birthday. Did I understand that correctly? If so, CRAZY!!!

My CP was 8 her first year on a level 5 team. I haven't personally seen anyone younger than that, but I believe Alexia Ward from (can't remember the name of that gym! lol) was younger than that. Maybe 6 or 7???
She was at TCA (Total Cheer Academy) but now is at ICE -Alexyea

There are quite a few of 7 year olds with fulls now. It is truly exciting to think where this sport will be in 10 years! :)

There are quite a few of 7 year olds with fulls now. It is truly exciting to think where this sport will be in 10 years! :)

Do you think they will still be around in 10 years? Or will they get bored and try something different? Serious question. I've never met a 7 yr old who can full so I'm very naive.

Do you think they will still be around in 10 years? Or will they get bored and try something different? Serious question. I've never met a 7 yr old who can full so I'm very naive.

I understand your point. But isnt the same thing true no matter how quickly or slowly they progress? This is my daughters 4th year in allstars. Ive seen level 5's burn out as well as the child returning for their third year on level 3. I think the parent has to make a judgement call. In my case, I encourage my daughter to strive for excellence in all aspects of her life, not just cheer.

And also, I think that it is kind of silly that people bring this up all the time. Maybe we should apply the same principal to academics... "Dont try to hard for all A's. Don't study too much. Let's not push to have one of the best g.p.a's in your class. I'd hate to see you burn out"

It is kind of a silly analogy, I know. I just know that my cp wouldnt be satisfied with out being on a team where she had challenges. She wouldnt be motivated unless she had teammates more skilled than her. I think with the direction things are going, she won't ever have to worry about feeling unmotivated. There will always be kids taking it to the next level and stepping it up. I think by the time Maddie is 15, kids will be throwing skills that have yet to even be named.

With all that being said, if she decided tommorow that she didnt want to try out next season and that she was indeed, "burntout", I would do what any great parent would do. I would support her as she pursued another interest.

I just think that while she is cheering, if she strives to be the best tumbler on her team(as long as I am able) I will provide whatever resources I can to mke her goals and dreams possible.

I hope that this didnt come across as rude. I just hear this all the time. It seemed like a great time to share my perspective on the overachieving children who want to always be great.

I think it depends on the child. There are plenty of kids who never get their tumbling that great, get bored as well and quit cheerleading to do something else, or maybe nothing, who knows.

A 7 year old may get bored being on Y5 restricted when they get their double at 9, if USASF makes regular Y5 obsolete in 2013. But then we'll just put them on a JR team, so all is solved!!!

Back