All-Star Your Coach Is Your Mom? Like Or Dislike?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

on my team my coaches daughter is on a so5 team with me. She is front for everything and sometimes center for most. Our team really doesnt have a problem with it becuase she doesn't really enjoy the special treatment, and she's very good for a 10 year old (a full, ful thru to full, switch kick double basket) her friends are in the front as well, but they're just as good or better than her! n

Now may i add this year my coaches youngest daughter made the Senior open 5 team. I say that she's completely too young. She's 8 and she has a standing tuck, scared to fly sometimes, doesn't have a double down and a pikey layout. I think my coach should have waited a few more years until she at least got her flying skills up to par. In this case, if she's in front for everything then our team my not be too ok with that.

I've been at a gym where the coaches are a mom and sister of a girl on the team. But, the girl worked harder than everyone on the team and deserved every placement she got, and never really got special treatment.

I love having my dad as my coach... I love having him with me in the back before we go on because he knows hoe to calm me down and he knows how to keep me going... he is the reason i love what i do.... he makes me work so hard and now i am not afraid to try new things... my dad is first my dad, then my coach, and will always be my best friend

I was forced into coaching my younger sister's middle school squad (we're 9 years apart). It worked to her advantage, I'd say. She was in the front for everything, sometimes center, sometimes not. She was obviously the best person on the squad so parents never complained...they just wanted me to make their daughter good like my sister :confused: (gosh I hate middle school cheerleading). I hated coaching her...she loved it. I opted not to do it again. For all stars I'm there..a lot...in warm ups, some practices...but I don't "coach" her or critique her.

lets see, ive had an awful experience with this one.. the coaches daughter was on the senior 5 team; she asked her to double compete for my team (senior 3), her daughter was center jumps, dance, cheer, main stunt, pyramid, and basket. i got to be center for opening.. yippy right. lets just say, her daughter was not a fly. our stunts were brought down in skill because her daughter couldnt hit. (im a fly). and i had to base her daughter in the pyramid. the whole reason me moving to this gym was so i could fly.. that didnt work so well either.

My gym owners daughters are on my team and since our coach is co-owner too, he's really like a big brother to them and they really do work harder than anyone else. The younger one works so hard at her flying and it pays off and her tumbling is gorgeous and she is one of the best tumblers on our team. The older one works so hard. Tumbling doesnt come easy to her but she pushed through and is now throwing tucks and she is such a beast base. I think them being the owners daughters makes them work harder because they know they won't get special treatment no matter what

I love having my dad as my coach... I love having him with me in the back before we go on because he knows hoe to calm me down and he knows how to keep me going... he is the reason i love what i do.... he makes me work so hard and now i am not afraid to try new things... my dad is first my dad, then my coach, and will always be my best friend
same. expect my mom:)

my friend that was on my team for 2 years, had her mom as a coach. and her mom coaches her this year too. they know about the drama about favortism, and her mom pushes her hard and makes her work as hard if not more than everyone else on the team. all her spots are earned, and her mom is not afraid to take her out of a stunt if she is not hitting it. while they are at practice she is an athlete on the team and her mom is the coach. they deal with it really well :)

Back