All-Star 1/31-2/1 American Masters Upper Marlboro, Md

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Correct me if I'm wrong with these two

South jersey storm perfect
Spirit explosion fantastic 4?

I'm so over this. They added up the scores wrong and announced the wrong placements.

This event was a hot mess!! Feel like they took our money and ran. Expensive (value not there for cost), unorganized, and the cluster with score errors was just plain inexcusable. Varsity needs to step it up and make amends for this cluster of event.

It's not like this is the first time they have hosted.

This event was a hot mess!! Feel like they took our money and ran. Expensive (value not there for cost), unorganized, and the cluster with score errors was just plain inexcusable. Varsity needs to step it up and make amends for this cluster of event.

It's not like this is the first time they have hosted.
I wish I could shimmy your post 1000x. My CPs team was part of the scoring error fiasco. Our owner called it the American Disaster.

What happened?
They added the scores wrong for the small j2 teams in my CPs division so they announced the incorrect placements. First went to a team that didn't place at all once they got it together. They came back later and said "we need these teams back up here" these are the correct placements. So sorry.

I knew something was wrong when the team that was 1st after the first day didn't place. They had no issues during their routine the second day so I knew there was a problem. Our program director went running over to the table & he pointed out the scoring error.

I pray they don't return to Show Place Arena for this event. My CP's team was later in the evening so thankfully we didn't encounter the early morning fiasco but even still then on Saturday it took 15 minutes to get tickets with only 4 families ahead of me. The concessions suck and there are no food places within walking distance. Saturday evening they were out of a lot of items including bottled water.

Some of our parents had to wait on Saturday afternoon because they were told that the ticket windows RAN OUT of tickets and that they had to wait while more were printed. It was like a bad comedy.

They added the scores wrong for the small j2 teams in my CPs division so they announced the incorrect placements. First went to a team that didn't place at all once they got it together. They came back later and said "we need these teams back up here" these are the correct placements. So sorry.

I knew something was wrong when the team that was 1st after the first day didn't place. They had no issues during their routine the second day so I knew there was a problem. Our program director went running over to the table & he pointed out the scoring error.
WOW - they also did the "superior award"(aka.: honorable mention) in no specific order. Our team came in dead last but other teams were called before ours. Granted we all got "superior" but I think they deserved to know where they placed and that they were not last

I pray they don't return to Show Place Arena for this event. My CP's team was later in the evening so thankfully we didn't encounter the early morning fiasco but even still then on Saturday it took 15 minutes to get tickets with only 4 families ahead of me. The concessions suck and there are no food places within walking distance. Saturday evening they were out of a lot of items including bottled water.

Generally this place does small rec events - I was shocked it was holding a big event because it never handled the small ones well. I laughed when it was still listed as Baltimore. It is in the middle of no where and some very iffy areas not too far from it.

Back