High School 11 Person Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 3, 2011
so, my girls had everything set for the season, and in the last week, 3 of my girls have been injured (not during practice, btw) and are out for 6-8 weeks. i now have 11 girls, and we are stuck on a cool pyramid that will work with such a strange number. open for suggestions! thanks!

two 3 people preps on the side, (two bases, no back) and one full stunt group in the middle... you could have the two preps go up, load the middle group into a squish, and do a backflip, reload the middle group up to a ballup ticktock? we do that for football games..

two 3 people preps on the side, (two bases, no back) and one full stunt group in the middle... you could have the two preps go up, load the middle group into a squish, and do a backflip, reload the middle group up to a ballup ticktock? we do that for football games..

If you are following AACCA rules or NFHS rules you can't do the backflip part.

backflip releases aren't allowed for the high school level......can't have anything where the hips go past the head unless its a suspended forward roll to the ground

For small teams, you have to get creative if you want to have a pyramid other than say a prep leaning forward with a hitch on its back. Shoulder sits, shoulder stands,backless preps and 2 maning are key.....11 isn't a bad number really as you have almost 3 full groups not including front spots.
Here's an example of a prep, 2man, prep pyramid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPLbKBhl5c
You could also do almost anything that incorporates 3 normal groups but just have either backless preps as opposed to normal preps or switch them to shoulder sits/stands.

so, my girls had everything set for the season, and in the last week, 3 of my girls have been injured (not during practice, btw) and are out for 6-8 weeks. i now have 11 girls, and we are stuck on a cool pyramid that will work with such a strange number. open for suggestions! thanks!

our jv team last year competed with only 8 girls on the mat! many of there team members were out for various reasons injurys etc. but they were able to figure something out & im sure you will too! i suggest shoulder stands if the problem is that you dont have enough people they can really work if you have a team with a small number of girls

Back