All-Star 1st Place Team Celebrating When 2nd Is Announced

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking at it a different way, (assuming 2nd place is thrilled with their placement) should second place be required to sit down and immediately stop showing happiness when the announcer calls out the first place team's name? I haven't heard anyone state this, even though they are technically celebrating during "another teams spotlight time". I think it would be just as silly to ask them to sit down as it is to force the first place team to stay seated when 2nd place is called.

This x10. Billion.

I believe battle at the capital did this. I wasnt at the awards this past year so I'm not sure if they still do.
They announced places X-3. Then the top 2 teams stood up. After dramatic pause, they only announced the 1st place team.
yes, they do. and they do acknowledge the final 2 teams. best awards ceremony ever!!

What other "athletic competition" (notice I didn't call it a sport so the "don't compare it to other sports" crazies don't get upset) announces their winner in a descending order until the first place competitor is all that remains?
Also, what other "athletic competition" does the winner NOT know they have won until the dramatic pause prior to announcing the second place finisher?

Sometimes it's hard to control your emotions, especially if you aren't expecting the win. Our kids know that they shouldn't cheer until they hear their name, but it gets the best of you sometimes. Even as a coach, I have found myself celebrating early if it was an unexpected win. I generally don't think any less of a team that is genuine in their celebration, regardless of when it starts.

Sometimes it's hard to control your emotions, especially if you aren't expecting the win. Our kids know that they shouldn't cheer until they hear their name, but it gets the best of you sometimes. Even as a coach, I have found myself celebrating early if it was an unexpected win. I generally don't think any less of a team that is genuine in their celebration, regardless of when it starts.
I agree...example..smoed at NCA...our kids were just trying to be top 5 for NCA....we were in 5th...moved to first...shock...half the kids do not even remember how they reacted....it was exciting and humbling at the same time..most important..they are kids...they mean no harm

Back