All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ship dates for anyone who would place an order right now today is 1-25-13. Not bad considering its wrapping up our busy season and Christmas and New New Holiday.

I'm confused. 13 weeks ago was the end of August. Who orders uniforms at the end of August and expects them before competition season? I get that GK probably told them they could do it, which isn't cool, but 13 weeks really isn't that long - they always take at least that long. If you want them sooner you probably shouldn't wait until the end of summer to order (considering 1000 other gyms have ordered before you at that point).

Not trying to be rude, and I'm sure they're upset and want their uniforms. Just a thought
I feel like my gym ordered even later than that... I don't think uniform fittings were even in August for us and people are hoping they come in on time. honestly we have a competition next weekend that I doubt they will arrive for...
We order our uniforms in June...you have to in order to get them in time. If not then you will be upset. Hope they get them soon, it really sucks to compete in something other than your uniform. Good luck!

We ordered our Uniforms last weekend and are expecting to get them Jan. 14th. Thats 8 weeks. 13 seems way too long.

But you didn't order at the peak of orderng/manufacturing season. It's like if you mail something in July, it probably takes 2 days. If you mail the same thing to the same place in December it'll probably take 5 days. If you go into a restaurant at 6:30 on a Saturday night you'll probably have to wait for an hour; same restaurant Monday night at 8pm, you'll probably be seated right away.

You just have to take into account when you do things - if it's a busier time it's just plain going to take longer.

I hope they get them soon, but I do think they could have handled it in a slightly more adult and professional manner. I don't think having cheerUpdates post anything on twitter is ever going to help you look grown up.

I think its brilliant. If I had the resources mine would say I paid for my " not gk " uniform over 16 weeks ago but haven't received it so I am competing in this t shirt. And 50 of my girls would be wearing it with fierce bows.

Here's the uniform Cheer Savannah Senior 5 wore yesterday for those of you who asked if it was no longer being worn.
25834o1.jpg
I just want to say one more thing about this uniform: whether you love it or hate it, this is why USASF has adopted a uniform code....which kind of makes me sad. I really think if the whole team has skirts that fit this tiny they are going to get a deduction this year. The strap over the shoulder looks like it is part of the bra that is underneath the uniform and not actually a part of the uniform itself. That is a wardrobe malfunction in the making.

I am not defending the uniform code or bashing Cheer Savannah but if gyms did not go to such extremes to be different this uniform code would never have been put into place. If we want All-Star to be taken seriously then adopting a more athletic look verses a umm.... costume cocktail waitress look is probably the way to go. It is very true to Savannah's "style" but is it really what we want representing our sport?

Having said that I STILL stand behind my theory that a few severe swift uniform deductions would have worked just as well as penalizing gyms that still manage to be creative and athletic at the same time.

Here is my prediction: 3-4 years from now you are going to see a backlash from this evolution of sparkle and gaudy and this trend will die. In it's place you will see uniforms like RED and Cheer Athletic Pumas with simple clean athletic lines. RED is a great example of being athletic and still creative with clean lines. I also love TRibes new uniform but I think even sublimation will eventually die out as a hot ticket.

I wish I knew how to put the uniforms I mentioned in this thread????

UA posted this. Did all the teams wear these in different colors?
15071_10152275543810613_2025235392_n.jpg
I think these temporary "uniforms" are cute as a button!:D I would never want to see anything like this as a permanent uniform but all of those 3 pieces my daughter would wear again to practice or dance etc...even if you object to their bellies showing you could throw on a black cami or leo and call it a day.

But you didn't order at the peak of orderng/manufacturing season. It's like if you mail something in July, it probably takes 2 days. If you mail the same thing to the same place in December it'll probably take 5 days. If you go into a restaurant at 6:30 on a Saturday night you'll probably have to wait for an hour; same restaurant Monday night at 8pm, you'll probably be seated right away.

You just have to take into account when you do things - if it's a busier time it's just plain going to take longer.

I hope they get them soon, but I do think they could have handled it in a slightly more adult and professional manner. I don't think having cheerUpdates post anything on twitter is ever going to help you look grown up.
Never really thought about that!
I hope that team gets their uniforms soon!

I'm confused. 13 weeks ago was the end of August. Who orders uniforms at the end of August and expects them before competition season? I get that GK probably told them they could do it, which isn't cool, but 13 weeks really isn't that long - they always take at least that long. If you want them sooner you probably shouldn't wait until the end of summer to order (considering 1000 other gyms have ordered before you at that point).

Not trying to be rude, and I'm sure they're upset and want their uniforms. Just a thought

I have often wondered why gym owners don't seem to stand up to the uniform companies, and even worse keep going back to them year after year.

My only logical conclusion is this! Gym owners must somehow share in the blame (late to order, late to pay, etc.)

I can't otherwise make this work in my head.

UA posted this. Did all the teams wear these in different colors?
15071_10152275543810613_2025235392_n.jpg

yes but those aren't for the whole year. that was jam live and we obviously don't have our uniforms yet so we had to get something and our coaches thought these would be cute! they do look really nice on the floor. yes there was all different colors for each team but there were 3 teams that wore each color. we should have our uniforms by december 1st, just in time for wsf, but that date we have another competition so were not entirely sure yet.

I'd be worried about getting fingers caught in the holes...personally not a fan

monarchs (the team pictured) wore yellow and yellow polka dot bows because they dance to yellow polka dot bikini, so its actually adorable

saw on twitter. md twisters level 1-4
a2vtc7.jpg

love it, except for the weird cutout on the shoulder, with the white fabric randomly starting.

and assuming the girls behind her are in a different uni? since the back would not match the front and i believe it says twisters down the arm. that one looks beautiful too.

sooo sparkly

no, those aren't for the whole year. that was jam live and we obviously don't have our uniforms yet so we had to get something and our coaches thought these would be cute! they do look really nice on the floor. there was all different colors for each team but there were 3 teams that wore each color. we should have our uniforms by december 1st, just in time for wsf, but that date we have another competition so were not entirely sure yet.

monarchs (the team pictured) wore yellow and yellow polka dot bows because they dance to yellow polka dot bikini, so its actually adorable
Pics aren't showing up, at least for me...

Back