All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just found a picture of Weather Girls new uni's on Maryland Twisters twitter page:cloud9: In love!!!!
348179467-500x500.jpg
Twisters always has the most gorgeous unis.

i think i'm going to stand alone on not liking weather girls'. the amount of bling is phenomenal... but i don't understand the white lines. they're just kind of weirdly shaped and have random placement/don't continue onto the back of the skirt.

and cue bra brigade, since there is no bra that would work here with the mesh in the front and straps in the back... except strapless or clear strapped, but those don't actually *work*

i guess it will fit in well with the swirly FS top that doesn't have their name on it (if those are being used this year) twisters does always do a great job at creating a "collection" so they all blend together as a gym, yet stand out on their own. this one just isn't my favorite.

edit: add reign to my list of not my favorite :( now i feel really negative today. sorry twisters! love your level 1-4, though.

I just want to say one more thing about this uniform: whether you love it or hate it, this is why USASF has adopted a uniform code....which kind of makes me sad. I really think if the whole team has skirts that fit this tiny they are going to get a deduction this year. The strap over the shoulder looks like it is part of the bra that is underneath the uniform and not actually a part of the uniform itself. That is a wardrobe malfunction in the making.

I am not defending the uniform code or bashing Cheer Savannah but if gyms did not go to such extremes to be different this uniform code would never have been put into place. If we want All-Star to be taken seriously then adopting a more athletic look verses a umm.... costume cocktail waitress look is probably the way to go. It is very true to Savannah's "style" but is it really what we want representing our sport?

Having said that I STILL stand behind my theory that a few severe swift uniform deductions would have worked just as well as penalizing gyms that still manage to be creative and athletic at the same time.

Here is my prediction: 3-4 years from now you are going to see a backlash from this evolution of sparkle and gaudy and this trend will die. In it's place you will see uniforms like RED and Cheer Athletic Pumas with simple clean athletic lines. RED is a great example of being athletic and still creative with clean lines. I also love TRibes new uniform but I think even sublimation will eventually die out as a hot ticket.

I wish I knew how to put the uniforms I mentioned in this thread????

i think i'm going to stand alone on not liking weather girls'. the amount of bling is phenomenal... but i don't understand the white lines. they're just kind of weirdly shaped and have random placement/don't continue onto the back of the skirt.

and cue bra brigade, since there is no bra that would work here with the mesh in the front and straps in the back... except strapless or clear strapped, but those don't actually *work*

i guess it will fit in well with the swirly FS top that doesn't have their name on it (if those are being used this year) twisters does always do a great job at creating a "collection" so they all blend together as a gym, yet stand out on their own. this one just isn't my favorite.

edit: add reign to my list of not my favorite :( now i feel really negative today. sorry twisters! love your level 1-4, though.

For bras, why not get a bra with sparkles and rhinestone straps? No one would know that they were not part of the uni, just another sparkly strap. My daughter did this on UA when they had the GK unit. No one, not even the coaches, said anything about the strap. ( pretty sure, they never mentioned it). The bra she used was just a regular black bra from VS that had rhinestones on the strap, just like the straps on the uni.

Back