All-Star 2012-2013 Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hopefully I'm getting into Fierce 4 For QCE 2013 been a Lv3'er for a while now...
And if I lived in the US I'd like to try out for Cheer Athletics or Top Gun Or California All Stars or Twist and Shout All Stars or Cheer Extreme or Gym Tyme or ACE or World Cup All Stars or Cheer Force or Woodlands Elite or Georgia All Stars or Spirit of Texas... oh well someday... a few people I know have done it...

My girls are trying out for their 6th season with Twist & Shout.

CP #1 will be cheering her 6th year on Junior 5 and hopefully double teaming to Sr. Obsession once again. :)

CP #2 is HOPING to make our junior 5 team for the first time. She has been youth 4 the past two seasons. So we shall see...

Tryouts are the first week of May for all teams except Obsession. Obsession starts team workouts in June. You basically come work out with the team if you're interested in being on it then the coaches make cuts at the end of the summer.

Our evaluations are in early May for all teams. I expect my turning 12 year old CP1 to stay on Junior4 where she's been this year. Thats the appropriate place for her. I expect my turning 14 year old CP2 will be moving up to junior4 (and making it coed). He's been on a junior coed 3 this year but progressed to level 4 skills several months ago. He has a triple jump tuck but isnt close to spinning yet so our 5 would not be appropriate for him....but for me I say HOT DIGGITY I'll get both CPs on the SAME TEAM (at least for one year until my son ages out of junior) I might actually see the inside of my own house this coming season!

Well tryouts are in a few weeks at the new gym she will be attending. My just turned 7 yr old cp was on youth 2 and minis last season.

She has pretty good level 3 tumbling skills but she is one of those flyers that has to warm up to something and won't just jump right in and try something new. She loves flying but she puts a lot of thought into it.

So she is begging me to try out for level 3 but the owner told her last night that she would almost definitely be flying on level 3 because she is to small to base and they don't hide kids behind stunts or use front spots so if she can't fly level 3, jump, and dance level 3 it won't happen.

So personally I hate to say I doubt my kid or tell my kid no but I think level 2 is in her future. I would be beyond thrilled if she made level 3 but since my cp will be missing a month in the summer because of visitation I feel like the stress it would put on her if she was on level 3 would be a lot for a seven year old. I'm assuming it would be a jr team unless they had enough to make a youth 3. Idk I'm just speculating so I will let the coaches make the best choice for her and we will be happy if it's level 2 or 3!

Cp will be trying out for level 4. She may then chose to drop to level 3. Reasons being: it will most likely be a senior team AND lots of her old teammates and her best friend will be most likely on level 3. She, however, informed me "mom, I'm not there to socialize, I'm there to cheer. I'm staying on level 4, if that's where they put me."

Well tryouts are in a few weeks at the new gym she will be attending. My just turned 7 yr old cp was on youth 2 and minis last season.

She has pretty good level 3 tumbling skills but she is one of those flyers that has to warm up to something and won't just jump right in and try something new. She loves flying but she puts a lot of thought into it.

So she is begging me to try out for level 3 but the owner told her last night that she would almost definitely be flying on level 3 because she is to small to base and they don't hide kids behind stunts or use front spots so if she can't fly level 3, jump, and dance level 3 it won't happen.

So personally I hate to say I doubt my kid or tell my kid no but I think level 2 is in her future. I would be beyond thrilled if she made level 3 but since my cp will be missing a month in the summer because of visitation I feel like the stress it would put on her if she was on level 3 would be a lot for a seven year old. I'm assuming it would be a jr team unless they had enough to make a youth 3. Idk I'm just speculating so I will let the coaches make the best choice for her and we will be happy if it's level 2 or 3!
Woodlands.... correct? I see tweets about Woodlands all the time from her, it's adorable. Those Woodland girls have so much #swag :)

Tryouts are the beginning of May. My CP was on Senior Restricted 5 this past season, and she would love to make the Worlds team. We have 3 girls that are finally 12 years of age so we're planning on a Worlds team, unless they change the age. If they do it would be another year of Senior Restricted. If she doesn't get a spot on a Worlds team she would be happy with Senior 4 :) Good luck to everyone this season!!

Hopefully I'm getting into Fierce 4 For QCE 2013 been a Lv3'er for a while now...
And if I lived in the US I'd like to try out for Cheer Athletics or Top Gun Or California All Stars or Twist and Shout All Stars or Cheer Extreme or Gym Tyme or ACE or World Cup All Stars or Cheer Force or Woodlands Elite or Georgia All Stars or Spirit of Texas... oh well someday... a few people I know have done it...
Don't worry ... many of us live too far away from any/most of these gyms to even make the trip to their tryouts, even though we DO live in the U.S.!

Back