All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you had to wear a plastic strap bra for 2:30 for maybe once or twice a weekend, I think you will survive.
Not me, and likely not my CP at 16 the way things are going. I was a competitive dancer with DDD's. Those clear strap bras didn't work AT ALL for me for dance performances. I would hate to see what would have happened if I tried to tumble. I had to have undergarments custom made for many of my costumes, or have costumes altered to accommodate undergarments. It was a huge deal when an instructor chose something backless because there was literally NO WAY to build a supportive bra to go with that. Those clear backs simply do not provide enough support. I would have to have nude liners added to the backs.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Just spoke with a Cheer Savannah coach and legit asked (after the requisite "Hey sweetie! Good to see you! Merry Christmas!" stuff,) "Um, what bra do they wear with the mesh back unis?" Evidently Varsity made custom, supportive bras for this uni. I asked if they were supportive enough for double-Ds and he said there are no double-D girls wearing it. Maybe D-and-a-half, but no double. He insisted the twins are fully supported.
I love him, so I'll believe him.

For anyone thinking about such designs, please use the "peekaboo" bra uniform idea tastefully........ This does not mean you should make a sparkly decorated sports bra with an all mesh see through top or the like. Say it with me folks, SOLID FABRIC. It's a wonderful thing.

Don't worry, if I got to make a uniform it would have no mistic, a high V cut neckline, no mesh, and clean lines.

This thread would love me lol

If you had to wear a plastic strap bra for 2:30 for maybe once or twice a weekend, I think you will survive.

So I'm going to go there ...

The average C-D cup breast weighs 4-5lbs, that's 2 whole bags of sugar PER breast. So do me a little experiment would ya.

Get 4 bags of sugar and divide them into 2 thin plastic sandwich bags (do you have them in the US?), tie a knot in the top of the bags. Now swing them around your body, above your head, up and down, around and around for 2:30 mins whilst holding on to ONE of the thin handles. How much are your arms aching? Did that plastic handle stretch or snap? How much effort and force was exerted on those bags? Now attach them to you and do it all again, nope? Didn't think so.

Breasts are HEAVY when they're big, our girls need support constantly no matter the size. They hurt when they don't have the proper support, we get damaged when they don't have the proper support. I wouldn't want to do any exercise without adequate provision in place for my girls and I'm not going to ask my athletes to do otherwise. We may survive 2:30, but it is a deeply unpleasant and painful experience that can TOTALLY be avoided if ignorant coaches stopped designing/approving inappropriate uniforms.

So I'm going to go there ...

The average C-D cup breast weighs 4-5lbs, that's 2 whole bags of sugar PER breast. So do me a little experiment would ya.

Get 4 bags of sugar and divide them into 2 thin plastic sandwich bags (do you have them in the US?), tie a knot in the top of the bags. Now swing them around your body, above your head, up and down, around and around for 2:30 mins whilst holding on to ONE of the thin handles. How much are your arms aching? Did that plastic handle stretch or snap? How much effort and force was exerted on those bags? Now attach them to you and do it all again, nope? Didn't think so.

Breasts are HEAVY when they're big, our girls need support constantly no matter the size. They hurt when they don't have the proper support, we get damaged when they don't have the proper support. I wouldn't want to do any exercise without adequate provision in place for my girls and I'm not going to ask my athletes to do otherwise. We may survive 2:30, but it is a deeply unpleasant and painful experience that can TOTALLY be avoided if ignorant coaches stopped designing/approving inappropriate uniforms.

You forgot the part about testing the elasticity and durabilty of said bags after swinging them up, down and around after one 2:30, let alone multiple 2:30s.

Just realized I never posted a photo of our uniforms in crop top mode lol. Here's a pic of two of my girls in each style. The one in full top is on one of my jr teams. The crop is on our sc4.
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1387758746.959833.jpg

Back