All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Time to bring out the bra brigade in force!
This is the back of CEA IOC5 uniform...

Lets all beat a horse but HOW!?!?!!? *sorry for pic quality, couldnt find anything else*
2lu9f6t.png
I also just don't get the "why." Like, a normal back would look perfectly fine and you could wear a bra with it. I just don't see the point to the back of this uniform. Or really most uniforms that have crazy backs like this.

Naw. Didn't Panther's wear that mess both days? It was Cheetahs that wised up for day 2 about their equally tragic uniform

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I stand corrected (was probably wishful thinking). Aesthetically, they weren't that horrible, but the Panthers girls looked so uncomfortable! Cheetahs did the right thing!

I like crop tops. I think they separate us from HS and Collegiate cheer. I feel that it should be up to the owner of the program to choose how their athletes should look, based on their vision of their program. I believe that if the concern was for the younger athletes they could have simply tweeked the uniform rule to say; 'make sure that uniform bottoms cover pelvic bones completely and tops are so many inches below the breast-line.' Plus wear cover-ups when not performing, in warm-ups or at awards. Parents would have saved so much money.

Time to bring out the bra brigade in force!
This is the back of CEA IOC5 uniform...

Lets all beat a horse but HOW!?!?!!? *sorry for pic quality, couldnt find anything else*
2lu9f6t.png
Why. What is the need for open back? Does anyone get any benefit from the open back? (In my opinion that black strip doesn't look durable at ALL! Imagine it ripping :eek:)

just WHY

This is such a great level 6 uniform, I love it! It looks comfy and cheap (money wise, not material!) I want to email my gym owner and be like, do this!!

I wish we had short sleeves... I mean I have tiny little girl arms but it'd be nice for any kind of coed anything, not having to pull your sleeves up.

I also just don't get the "why." Like, a normal back would look perfectly fine and you could wear a bra with it. I just don't see the point to the back of this uniform. Or really most uniforms that have crazy backs like this.

Halter bra...actually would work quite well with this. I 'tack' my backless bras onto the one strap that goes across my back on dresses I wear (so that they don't ride up). It works, too!

I just feel like with the amount of athleticism in cheerleading, wearing a halter bra or a backless bra shouldn't even be a necessity let alone an only option

There are ALOT of things that are part of apparel, dress and style in allstar cheer that should not be necessities or options, but are. Lashes, poufs, huge bejeweled bows, spray tans...etc

This new trend in uniforms is not going anywhere. F5 was the first "seriously athletic" team I ever saw, wear a uniform that broke the standard "sportsbra" mold. That was years ago. It's been a literal - arms, shoulders, and now backs - race ever since. Just like the things I listed above, these uniforms are further attempts to marry femininity with athleticism....Style and fashion with function and form. It is what it is...

BTW...those women (coaches/college students) threw their doubles and hit their stunts with their backs out, so they didn't trade on their athleticism for the sake of fashion at all...something to think about.

There are ALOT of things that are part of apparel, dress and style in allstar cheer that should not be necessities or options, but are. Lashes, poufs, huge bejeweled bows, spray tans...etc

This new trend in uniforms is not going anywhere. F5 was the first "seriously athletic" team I ever saw, wear a uniform that broke the standard "sportsbra" mold. That was years ago. It's been a literal - arms, shoulders, and now backs - race ever since. Just like the things I listed above, these uniforms are further attempts to marry femininity with athleticism....Style and fashion with function and form. It is what it is...

BTW...those women (coaches/college students) threw their doubles and hit their stunts with their backs out, so they didn't trade on their athleticism for the sake of fashion at all...something to think about.

I'm not buying what you're selling. I think bejeweled bows are ridiculous and unnecessary as well but a bejeweled bow or a poof isn't going to tear breast tissue. None of those items could have lasting damage to ones body. I mean I could hit a database and pull up hundreds of articles about the importance of proper support for breasts but I mean Why? This is common sense. I don't need to be told not to go jogging without a sports bra on and I'm only a 32B. The girls need to be checked for lumps and supported. That's all they really want in life. Gyms are trading functionality and proper support for breasts for shock value. Why?

I'm not buying what you're selling. I think bejeweled bows are ridiculous and unnecessary as well but a bejeweled bow or a poof isn't going to tear breast tissue. None of those items could have lasting damage to ones body. I mean I could hit a database and pull up hundreds of articles about the importance of proper support for breasts but I mean Why? This is common sense. I don't need to be told not to go jogging without a sports bra on and I'm only a 32B. The girls need to be checked for lumps and supported. That's all they really want in life. Gyms are trading functionality and proper support for breasts for shock value. Why?

I'm not selling anything. I'm just telling you what I've observed over time. Ultimately, the decision rests with the athlete and their parents to protect their own health...the coaches and owners motives, notwithstanding.

I sewed my daughter's strapless into her uniform and she also wore another bra that I special ordered for both the old CEA L5 uni and the SE uni, for extra support. One that would not show since the shoulders are bare on both uniforms. We're reasonably well endowed in our family and I have a fetish about proper fitting undergarments. So I took it upon myself to make sure that she was doubly protected.

All I'm saying is at some point we have to take responsibility for ourselves. Is this the trend? Yes. Reality? Yes. Wanna cheer? Yes? Then go to the GK catalog and find the appropriate bra for a backless uniform, spend the extra money and time to make sure your girls are supported and stop looking to some higher entity to do it for you. Because ever since I saw that uniform on F5, and even with the Top Gun wardrobe malfunctions, the trend shows no sign of slowing.

I'm a 32A and regardless of what our new uniforms look like, I'm wearing a sports bra underneath. I'd rock that racer back sports bra with that backless uniform.

My 30AAs will be rocking a racer back crop right next to you. And if the owner has a problem, then they can explain to me why they don't think my health and comfort is important when representing them.

My 30AAs will be rocking a racer back crop right next to you. And if the owner has a problem, then they can explain to me why they don't think my health and comfort is important when representing them.

Or you could both use Google, wear something like this:

bf-backlessbra-med1.jpg

...and NOT end up as a nugget on the Senior Level 1 team!

The "specialty bra" I purchased was from Maidenform at J C Penney.com (where all sturdy undergarments come from) ;)

All it took was a little research, a little time, and what would have been bow money... and we got a really good bra. This is just one I found in 5 minutes on Google. With this, I would also wear a strapless underneath.

Back