All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

These just popped up on my news feed from the GK website

21bltm0.jpg

2rh74mg.jpg
Who let this happen? I need to have a talk with whoever's responsible...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Should I be concerned that the roller skating rink in town has 1990s neon carpet that totally matches that uniform?

OH MY GOSH AHAHAHAHA!!

I have a question about those uniforms though. The darker girl on the right-- does her uniform have stomach mesh? Because i mean her stomach matches the mesh on her arm, but not her legs/shoulders...?

I'm afraid of what uniforms will be like in 10 years when I have a child...always wanted to be a cheer mom but I dunno now the way some uniforms are going..yikes!

OH MY GOSH AHAHAHAHA!!

I have a question about those uniforms though. The darker girl on the right-- does her uniform have stomach mesh? Because i mean her stomach matches the mesh on her arm, but not her legs/shoulders...?
Yeah, I noticed that too. It has to be mesh, for junior/youth teams. Which seems just pointless because it's sheer, see-through fabric. Like at what point are judges going to draw the line for these ridiculous "full top" unis that are covered with mesh or have ridiculously huge side cut outs?
But back to the uniform…. Toooooo much going on. Too much striping, too many neon colors, too many cutout/strappy things… And the blinged out fake pockets… I just can't. While designing this uniform, they should have pulled a Coco Chanel, "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off." Except they could have taken two or three things off. Instead it's like "MESH! STRAPS! CUTOUTS! CRAZY COLORS! BLINGED BUTTS! ALL AT ONCE! AHHHHH!!!!" Too much.

So many lines, straps, and neon, the eye can't even focus on that Envision uniform. It doesn't flatter the body lines and makes the arms seem out of proportion.........not to mention the giant neon pink "w" band basically outlining the butt. The designer may have thought "Let's throw in every "trend" right now! So fierce!" but all of these additions (belt, mesh, too many useless arm strappies, sequins, butt pockets, etc.) are FADS.
  • fad
  1. short-lived fashion: something that is embraced very enthusiastically for a short time, especially by many people
A trend is something like a crop uniform for allstars, shorts instead of skirts, rhinestoned uniforms, etc......they stay around longer & are a general overall change of direction. Trends do not equal fads!!! Fads are the things you look back on and think "Why did we wear that?!!"..... Don't be a fad follower. It is not worth the embarrassment of your athletes in 5 years when they realize how ridiculous their uniform was.

Butt pockets are a trend? Ew.

Xtreme Heat All-stars, a small program out of Lexington, SC that opened last year.

300v04x.jpg

Here's a picture of the back
dcdiro.jpg

I'm not crazy about the way the back criss cross just ends on the side but overall they are clean and I like them. We're once again faced with an unnecessary cut out bra dilemma, but it shouldn't be too hard to work around.

They've had this uniform for at least a year now. The younger kids have a full top with the stomach part being white.

I'm not a fan of the back of the top, but the front is clean as well as the skirt... so there's that.

I also think they've been around for at least 3 years maybe more...simply because their old uniform was tragic and had zebra and there was some gym hopping where kids ended up there

Xtreme Heat All-stars, a small program out of Lexington, SC that opened last year.

300v04x.jpg

Here's a picture of the back
dcdiro.jpg

I'm not crazy about the way the back criss cross just ends on the side but overall they are clean and I like them. We're once again faced with an unnecessary cut out bra dilemma, but it shouldn't be too hard to work around.
I've seen these in person at comps and they look great up close. Everyone was talking about them at Athletic Championship in Concord last season. I love them!

Back