All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it too much to ask for uni shorts to have a minimum of a 2-3" inseam? CP's uni has a 1" inseam. The body of her top is a one piece boy cut leg and she still has to wear another pair of shorts underneath to be covered.

Designers - please think about the flyers pulling positions in the air when you are determining short length. A 1-2" inseam does not adequately cover any girl pulling a heel stretch or scorpion.
There will be a minimum inseam requirement of 2" starting with the 2015-16 season. Which is still about a season and a half away and still a rather short inseam (even Nike pros are longer with a 2.5" inseam,) but hey, it's something!

Holy Glitter!!!
tumblr_inline_my7p4q2UJg1rynlhg.gif

OMG I have to use that GIF from now on!!!....I almost pee'd my pants when I saw it! Lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

they have clear bras for the uni. #2014realness
"clear bras" aren't meant for athletes #2014letsgetreal
Sorry, not trying to start a war but I am so done with these uniforms and the fact that we even have a bra debate. It shouldn't even be a discussion. I try to argue with outsiders that cheer is a sport and the majority of these uniforms are laughable and single handedly make my argument invalid. :(

"clear bras" aren't meant for athletes #2014letsgetreal
Sorry, not trying to start a war but I am so done with these uniforms and the fact that we even have a bra debate. It shouldn't even be a discussion. I try to argue with outsiders that cheer is a sport and the majority of these uniforms are laughable and single handedly make my argument invalid. :(
Two thousand shimmys for you. Preach it.

An important part of a uniform is it's practicality. If you can't wear a bra, it's not practical. So bras are definitely relevant when discussing a uniform and a key part of a new uniform.... I'm not going to love a uniform if it's impossible to wear a bra with. Because a good uniform is practical, athletic, and pretty. Practicality and athleticism should come first - not the aesthetic appeal. Make it pretty after you've made it functional. Maybe not everyone worries about it, but to those of us who are well endowed, it's important and something we think about. Sorry for being that person but you can't just shut down people's concerns about bras as if it's not legitimate.
And the clear strap argument is laughable. Just no.

I mean ya'll got an opinion. just be happy that uniforms have open shoulders and aren't in just a sports bra looking uniform with leg warmers for sleeves. we designed the uniform to look great but also functionality. you'd have to be idiot to put an athlete in something they wouldn't be comfortable competing in. and I could 100% guarantee that if there was a big name gym's logo on the front of a uniform that was off the shoulder it would be the greatest thing to happen in the cheer world. we love how it came out.

I mean ya'll got an opinion. just be happy that uniforms have open shoulders and aren't in just a sports bra looking uniform with leg warmers for sleeves. we designed the uniform to look great but also functionality. you'd have to be idiot to put an athlete in something they wouldn't be comfortable competing in. and I could 100% guarantee that if there was a big name gym's logo on the front of a uniform that was off the shoulder it would be the greatest thing to happen in the cheer world. we love how it came out.
I'm glad you guys like it, but I promise you that if a "big name" gym was on the front, I'd still feel the same way. Personally, I dislike many of the "big gym" unis that I've seen here. I just don't say anything specific because I don't feel like hearing the backlash.
The arms, however, are beautiful!

I think you're missing the point. A "sports bra looking uniform with leg warmers for sleeves" would technically be more practical in this case considering you could wear an actual bra underneath it. There is no way that a uniform that requires a clear bra can be practical, big gym or not. Anybody that is even slightly endowed will agree, clear bras do not cut it when it comes to a sport like ours. It's upsetting that we have to even think about the type of bras that are worn under uniforms these days. But at least you like your uniform.
Bravo on the appropriate length shorts.

Well I'm not comfortable having to compete in a clear strap bra. And I think it's probably safe to say there's probably at least one well endowed girl (or will be in the future) within your gym who will be enduring discomfort and pain to compete. I'm just glad it's not me wearing any of these open shoulder uniforms. Thank you, coaches, for giving me a sports bra friendly uniform :rolleyes:
Glad you like them though. They are pretty but the bra thing just :banghead:

Back