All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know what surprised me, guys? The tinsel foil uniform became their program uniform! I didn't think they'd give that to the tiny-tots! Took this from their website...
1195090188514086157b3d2.jpg

Please tell me that's not serious.

Saw it earlier in the season in Richmond. Forgot to mention it. Of all of the uniforms Fame has had. I haven't hated them all. I don't even hate this one - when it was just for Worlds and for SuperSeniors. But, to make this one the program uni??? Maybe it's just for Virginia...

Saw it earlier in the season in Richmond. Forgot to mention it. Of all of the uniforms Fame has had. I haven't hated them all. I don't even hate this one - when it was just for Worlds and for SuperSeniors. But, to make this one the program uni??? Maybe it's just for Virginia...

It's the program uni - VA, NY.
When they debuted, and when we saw them on the floor, the tinsel isn't so tinsel-y, more sparkly, and completely different from any FAME uni ever. We loved them!
Now, I'm over Tinseltown and ready for next season's catwalk. Can the Velvet Army return, please??

If you think about the intricacies of design, you have to factor in comfort, style, support, coverage, sparkle/bling, trends and cost. That's not a checklist I even want to begin to have to address. Thankfully, our program has always presented program unis that meet all of them. If a parent purchases the uni early, in April, it's like $150. Sorry, but you can't beat that.

You know what surprised me, guys? The tinsel foil uniform became their program uniform! I didn't think they'd give that to the tiny-tots! Took this from their website...
1195090188514086157b3d2.jpg
Please tell me that's not serious.

This has been their uniform for about a year and a half. They used it all last season too. For everyone.

ETA I'm not a fan at all, so I'll be really happy if they're done with it this year....

@Mamarazzi I forgot about that! You're right - we got our Fame uniforms in May and they were $175 each (half price). It was a great deal.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm going to go with no judging by the mannequin picture. If it was lined, underneath the mesh would look "skin toned/nude"... but it's white like the mannequin.

ETA: Here's a pic where you can see the mesh leg a little better. The top is so pretty, WHY??? If the point of capris is generally more coverage and functional (no riding up and exposing everything) then why put mesh all up the leg, that defeats the purpose. just make a cute skirt!!
tumblr_my4texECdP1s3seueo3_500.jpg

I am OBSESSED with these!!! <3

This has been their uniform for about a year and a half. They used it all last season too. For everyone.

ETA I'm not a fan at all, so I'll be really happy if they're done with it this year....

@Mamarazzi I forgot about that! You're right - we got our Fame uniforms in May and they were $175 each (half price). It was a great deal.

How do you get a uniform at half price? Are they not made by GK or Varsity?

They're not. I don't remember who made them (we haven't been at Fame in over 3 years), but it's not either of them. But I guess they get a deal for ordering so early - all I know is if they're paid in full and ordered in May, they're half price. I'm sure it helps that they're ordering a thousand of them.

I'd be willing to bet other gyms with over 1000 athletes get deals too - not sure if they pass that along to their customers or not. However most gyms with that many kids don't use the same uniforms for all teams, which would probably affect bulk pricing, since it's not 1000 of the same thing.

They are the uniform for both the VA gyms and the NY gym.

Nope, not either of them. I think that's part of the reason why we've never done program unis from those manufacturers. The expense is just not something the owners wish to strap parents with.
Sew Factory did all the FAME unis, before they went out of business. GK has done a Notorious uni, Rebel did Vengeance uni. Not sure about Supers one-piece or Legends in previous seasons. @FamousMatty ?

Back