All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OO5
eb24k0.jpg

I feel like TG read the part of the rules that says "No Lingerie inspired uniforms" and went "Well... doesn't say anything about S&M inspired uniforms"

Mods feel free to delete this if it is too risque but I had to share lol.

I think they backtracked on that rule. It was proposed last season, but I don't think they kept it.

Last I had heard it was removed for international teams but was to remain increasing each season for American teams. I may be wrong though.

I love the A&T uniforms. I wouldn't mind if we headed in that direction, but I don't think our routines would match the uniform.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I wish we all wore that type of uniform (Long sleeved spandex and shorts) And just designed them differently. Like how every leo has the same cut but every gym has their own leo.

I feel like TG read the part of the rules that says "No Lingerie inspired uniforms" and went "Well... doesn't say anything about S&M inspired uniforms"

Mods feel free to delete this if it is too risque but I had to share lol.
whoever decided that it was time to get rid of the white angel uniforms, was clearly not in the right state of mind. No offense and this is quite of a little joke, but maybe its an ode to their old team mate who ventured into that industry. :p

Taken from GK's Facebook page, Kansas City Athletic Cheer's new Senior 5 Platinum. Love the sublimation on the shorts, and I wish there was more on sleeves! I think the ring on the back is unsafe, that has to hurt when your hand hits it coming down from a basket, and I think the back is cut wayyyyy too low! Love her hair with the braid up the back though!

w9zdhi.png

The star is sublimated on the sleeve too and the black dots slowly fade up the sleeve mixed with black diamond and clear stones. The back strap and shorts have the royal fading out sublimation. It's pretty awesome that GK can do the "parts" sublimated and then still put the traditional uniform look on it. I really wanted to go less is more on the stones on the top. They sparkle on stage since there are clear stones on the top mixed with black diamond around the lettering. The girls weren't sold on the white shorts at first but it is fun and different so if going with that look proper UNDERGARMENTS are a must! They actually have white boy cut briefs under the uniform shorts and the GK appears backless bra for support. The coach put the undergarments with the uniform as a mandatory part of the uniform. I think it's best to do that if doing something like this. They are excited to wear this at NCA!

We shouldn't have to ditch bows, pretty uniforms, and big hair to become a sport/be seen as athletic. Ditch impractical uniforms, yes, but they can be pretty. Nobody's going to see us as a sport when at least half of us can't wear a proper sports bra with their uniform. But if a uniform is practical why can't it be glitzy too. If it's not holding you back/causing problems to the point where you can't do athletic things, why should we have to change it? Having a bow on my head doesn't keep me from doing a back tuck so why should I have to take it off? To please the outsiders? No thanks.
We can look pretty and be athletic at the same time, but the rest of the world doesn't understand that. They're still struggling with the fact that women can be athletes and also care about what they look like, because for a long time female athletes couldn't do the glitz, pretty dresses and hair, makeup stuff if they wanted to be accepted as legitimate athletes. But in the allstar cheer world, we know we're awesome athletes, even though the rest of the world just sees big hair and sparkle. We can't back down from that, it's giving in to the people who are stuck in the past.

I'm not even a female and for some reason this statement really bothered me. Please enlighten me of examples in the United States where people are struggling with women being athletes and also them caring that the care what they look like? I highly disagree and if that's your view then clearly you are the one who is stuck in the past. Take a look at all the Professional and Olympic female athletes. I believe that these women are where they are today not because of their look when they compete, but in their confidence of their skills.

Shouldn't cheerleading be about skills? Ideally it would be. So yes, I am highly in favor of All Star Cheerleading moving towards the A&T style. Obviously a lot of people wouldn't like it. But it IS a vital step in changing the outside views of the sport. I guarantee any girl playing lets say softball (I chose this bc it's an all female sport) isn't going to be intimidated because a girl on the other team has her hair fiercely curled, and the umpire wouldn't be either. The team with the better skills will win.

I didn't get into cheerleading due to the "glitzy" nature. I got into cheerleading for the athleticism. I don't get when and where the two became one in and the same.

I'm not even a female and for some reason this statement really bothered me. Please enlighten me of examples in the United States where people are struggling with women being athletes and also them caring that the care what they look like? I highly disagree and if that's your view then clearly you are the one who is stuck in the past. Take a look at all the Professional and Olympic female athletes. I believe that these women are where they are today not because of their look when they compete, but in their confidence of their skills.

Shouldn't cheerleading be about skills? Ideally it would be. So yes, I am highly in favor of All Star Cheerleading moving towards the A&T style. Obviously a lot of people wouldn't like it. But it IS a vital step in changing the outside views of the sport. I guarantee any girl playing lets say softball (I chose this bc it's an all female sport) isn't going to be intimidated because a girl on the other team has her hair fiercely curled, and the umpire wouldn't be either. The team with the better skills will win.

I didn't get into cheerleading due to the "glitzy" nature. I got into cheerleading for the athleticism. I don't get when and where the two became one in and the same.
How many times has it been said on this board that we have to stop with the hair/makeup/glitz to be considered a sport? That's people struggling with us being a sport where we can still be "feminine." People think that if you're being athletic you shouldn't be doing your hair and makeup. I've heard it hundreds of times. "Why does she do her hair this is soccer not a beauty pageant" "she puts on a bunch of makeup before practice, wow does she not realize this is a sport." It may not be stated outright but it's there.
They're not one in the same and I never said that. I'm saying that we should be able to do glitzy or not, and we shouldn't be forced to switch to plain uniforms to be considered a sport.

Ps the only thing anyone should be bothered about in that statement is the fact that it still exists. Not that I point it out. Clearly I dont agree with it (which was the whole point of my post) so I'm not stuck in the past. It's easy to say it's not an issue when it's not affecting you.

Last edited:
How many times has it been said on this board that we have to stop with the hair/makeup/glitz to be considered a sport? That's people struggling with us being a sport where we can still be "feminine." People think that if you're being athletic you shouldn't be doing your hair and makeup. I've heard it hundreds of times. "Why does she do her hair this is soccer not a beauty pageant" "she puts on a bunch of makeup before practice, wow does she not realize this is a sport." It may not be stated outright but it's there.
They're not one in the same and I never said that. I'm saying that we should be able to do glitzy or not, and we shouldn't be forced to switch to plain uniforms to be considered a sport.

Ps the only thing anyone should be bothered about in that statement is the fact that it still exists. Not that I point it out. Clearly I dont agree with it (which was the whole point of my post) so I'm not stuck in the past. It's easy to say it's not an issue when it's not affecting you.

Then perhaps the issue is your wording. The way you make it sound as if the WORLD doesn't view females who care about the way they look as athletes. Furthermore, what exactly are you arguing? Yes, it obviously seems weird that a girl would have her hair and make up done for a soccer game. That is because soccer isn't based on what you look like. My argument however is that cheerleading has the stigma that the majority of it is just that, based on looks. Change the way WE all behave, change the way everyone views the sport.

In no way shape or form am I saying its a non-issue. The criticism of Cheerleading's legitimacy is something I've dealt with for 8 years now. Clearly if it is on my resume, I'm directly affected by it.

And on that note, I'm out.

I don't have a problem with a little glitz an makeup. What kills me is when girls get god awful spray tans that are Way too dark and LITERALLY make you look orange, and the HAIR. I cannot deal with the ponys teased to high heavens. There is no way that that's practical to compete in, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone but I honestly couldn't even walk around my house like that. And ya look rediculous. Im seeing more and more girls care how they look or how many people follow them on Instagram rather than their skills. it would be nice to show school friends videos of cheerleading and hear them comment on skill rather than how tan people elate and how their uniforms look unathletic and that their hair is really big.
And cutouts, mystic, over done hair and makeup, huge poofs that almost cover/cover the bow, and stomach mesh need to die.
I've repeated myself a million times, but WHY can't more gyms take after stingrays? Classy uniforms, hair that doesn't look like your about to fall over from it being so big, simple makeup, small bows. If we want to be taken seriously as a sport, THATS the path we need to go down.

There is a difference between looking feminine and looking like you had a nasty encounter with bag of cheetos and a can of hairspray.

All I know is, as a 9 year old little girl, I switched from gymnastics to cheerleading because I wanted to look pretty and wear cool glittery makeup and actually get to have fun in my routines. Obviously it turned into something more than that as I got older, but I don't think I would enjoy cheerleading so much if it turned into A&T. I think it's boring and trying to get myself to watch a meet was like pulling teeth. That's just my opinion.

Back