All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Varsity All Star ‏@VarsityAllStar Feb 24
Check out our first #DesignBook sneak peek!

BhRCKAGCMAAgqnm.jpg

OMG that uniform is flawless :cloud9:

One of my favorites this season but the belt is distracting.. but i love the simpleness of the uniform.

I agree that the skills should be the main focus in our sport but as a judged performance sport much like figure skating or gymnastics (women's), I don't think we are any less of a sport because of the glitz. That being said, I do feel like there should be some rules placed on the "appropriateness" of uniforms. We aren't allowed to use music with vulgar language or suggestive dance movements in our routines so why shouldn't we have some restrictions and guidelines on appropriateness of uniforms.

If you take a look at figure skating costumes, any place you see "flesh tone" is actually still fabric (ie no actual cutouts). Although this shouldn't mean it's a free for all as long as it's fabric, it still means that there needs to be a judgement call on whether or not it's deemed appropriate for viewing or whether or not it's safe.

Ultimate Athletics uniforms are a perfect example of using flesh tone fabric to give the appearance of cut out shoulders, it's safer for athletes as there are no holes/cutouts to get caught in AND it solves the never ending sports bra issue. It's both fashionable and functional.

As a uniform designer, I always strive to make athletes look great on the floor with the most impact but still keep it classy and athletic. The shock value should come from your skills and performance not from your uniform. Just my 2 cents.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I agree that the skills should be the main focus in our sport but as a judged performance sport much like figure skating or gymnastics (women's), I don't think we are any less of a sport because of the glitz. That being said, I do feel like there should be some rules placed on the "appropriateness" of uniforms. We aren't allowed to use music with vulgar language or suggestive dance movements in our routines so why shouldn't we have some restrictions and guidelines on appropriateness of uniforms.

If you take a look at figure skating costumes, any place you see "flesh tone" is actually still fabric (ie no actual cutouts). Although this shouldn't mean it's a free for all as long as it's fabric, it still means that there needs to be a judgement call on whether or not it's deemed appropriate for viewing or whether or not it's safe.

Ultimate Athletics uniforms are a perfect example of using flesh tone fabric to give the appearance of cut out shoulders, it's safer for athletes as there are no holes/cutouts to get caught in AND it solves the never ending sports bra issue. It's both fashionable and functional.

As a uniform designer, I always strive to make athletes look great on the floor with the most impact but still keep it classy and athletic. The shock value should come from your skills and performance not from your uniform. Just my 2 cents.

The music thing is funny, because I definitely heard some risque songs in people's mixes last season.

I'm from a small gym in north Texas and our coach does not allow us to tease our hair. No matter how many times people ask he says "it looks like a rat has been sucking on your ponytail". He is also very against dark spray tans, after practice we had a long discussion on the difference between being orange, being tan, and being a different race.

I'm from a small gym in north Texas and our coach does not allow us to tease our hair. No matter how many times people ask he says "it looks like a rat has been sucking on your ponytail". He is also very against dark spray tans, after practice we had a long discussion on the difference between being orange, being tan, and being a different race.
I probably laughed at this harder than I should have

From the Rebel Athletics Instagram...Not sure what's going on with the one on the left....That looks dangerous. The middle one is alright.The one on the right looks like it's on backwards. Those sublimated flames are awesome though, SO COOL. Love the sparkles on the collar but hate how it's cut all messy like.

2vwdzzo.png

From the Rebel Athletics Instagram...Not sure what's going on with the one on the left....That looks dangerous. The middle one is alright.The one on the right looks like it's on backwards. Those sublimated flames are awesome though, SO COOL. Love the sparkles on the collar but hate how it's cut all messy like.

2vwdzzo.png
Way too many straps for things to get caught in. Not bad on the middle and agree with you on the right, looks backwards.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Fierce Board mobile app

2vwdzzo.png
No. No. NO. If i see a team wearing the one on the left i'm moving to antarctica. Horrible. The one in the middle isn't horrible but I looks like someone threw up rhinestones :p The one on the right looks like she put the uniform on backwards. Oh and I actually don't mind the mesh on the middle one, i didn't even realize it was mesh at first...

2vwdzzo.png
Ugh...so bad on so many levels.

Back