All-Star 2013 Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate when someone starts a great thread, a second person says "great thread, I agree with this" and then the 2nd person gets all the shimmys.

(uhhh, does this even count since I can't watch a video of it on youtube?)

We saw a group saving 3 rows of seats in RI and when someone sat there her friend would give her the look to look behind her and then she would kick them out. .... I would not leave unless someone was there to sit in that seat! She asked about 4 sets of people to leave. But it was funny when a couple came and sat and she did not try to kick the guy out!!

Nope. Wouldn't fly with me. I've done it before, "Oh Ok, that's great. Well when your friends/fam show up and there aren't enough seats left, I'll definitely think about making room" and then they never show up.... Funny how that works.

This is a pet peeve/ story kind of. So last weekend in RI me and my friend went to watch our best friend who goes to a different gym. We know which side of the floor she was on so we stood on that side. We made sure we were off to the side and not blocking and parents or coaches. Despite this, a woman SCREAMED at us to move...what's wrong with a little sportsmanship? I guess that's my pet peeve...the extreme lack of sportsmanship I've been noticing lately. (We cheered and clapped for that team as loud as we could anyway ;))

Nope. Wouldn't fly with me. I've done it before, "Oh Ok, that's great. Well when your friends/fam show up and there aren't enough seats left, I'll definitely think about making room" and then they never show up.... Funny how that works.

I do the same thing! "Ok, great that you're saving seats, but I'll just sit here until they come back!"...and they usually never come back. ;)

Kids from other teams sitting front and center in the priority seating section just to scope out the competition. They weren't there to cheer us (or any other team) on.
Grab a sign and scream for my kids and you're more than welcome...otherwise, I'm asking you to move.

Also,
Warm up rooms with staff that's just babysitting blue carpet and pays no attention to who is next, when time starts, etc.

Also,
Warm up rooms with staff that's just babysitting blue carpet and pays no attention to who is next, when time starts, etc.

That's when you start the loud clap and "ma'am!" to get her attention. Girl better bet my team's getting their full 6 minutes on that mat... BTW, I have never done that.

Kids from other teams sitting front and center in the priority seating section just to scope out the competition. They weren't there to cheer us (or any other team) on.
Grab a sign and scream for my kids and you're more than welcome...otherwise, I'm asking you to move.
I hate that, or when they yell things at you while performing. I remember my sister was telling me about a guy at an all star gym yelling things at her during the cheer, and not like supportive things. I'm pretty sure the same yelled at some girl for pulling her skirt down after it went up after tumbling. Do you really think she was going to leaver her butt hanging out? I don't think so...

But last year at UCA regionals the Lakeville North Varsity girls were sitting right in front-ish while we were performing and they were just awesome. They yelled the cheer with us and some supportive things. I remember I landed on my heels in my running tumbling and some girl said something like "it's okay, you still got it!" So nice, I'll never forget that.

who? why don't you just say which cheerleader you would like to see flying? at least the team? why so coded.
I just wanted to try and have a topic of cheer routine/video pet peeves without getting into a 600 page discussion about what team is better than the other and it turn into something it wasnt supposed to be. Is that wrong ? lol

From what I saw, it's just a prep that she bases. And she flys at the start for a bit (but just a show 'n go or something like that). So not super impressive basing (at least not enough to mention how 'awesome' it is, imo).
I just felt like using the word 'awesome' because I am so used to seeing Erica flying and I am giving her props for basing even if it is just a prep.

when ep's make you wait til the last second for schedules.
when you go to 2 day nationals & there's no coaches room, or there's a coaches room but no food.

I think coaches rooms are one of the dumbest things ever invented and I used to coach. I don't think coaches should be hiding away in a room when they are there to work with athletes, especially the younger ones. I know a lot of people will disagree saying coaches need their space, time to talk to other adults, etc but IMO you're there to coach, not socialize.

Back