All-Star 2013 Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-routines ending in a pyramid. Every time I see this it just makes me feel like the routines not finished. I love more then anything watching a team hit their dance hard when they know they hit a solid routine.

-coaches that have some less then flattering pictures of them in college in hardly any clothes on their Facebook page. Seriously either take them down, remove the tag or block it so your athletes and parents can't see it.
I am not friends with any of the kids from our gym on fb. I find it unnecessary. We have a gym fb page that they can get updates on, etc. I am friends with a few moms but only the ones who I am really close with. With that behind said I keep my fb very professionals anyways since I am a high school teacher as well.

One of mine is personal. 2 of my tumbling passes were pulled from the routine cos the other people weren't hitting consistently. We're focusing on synchronization, so out it came. I worked hard for it and I want to show it off. However, I get that it's for a better routine in the end. Just still frustrating.

And I'm with everyone who said long awards. I coach at a school, and the last awards took 45 min for the judges to finish tabulating, ranking and start announcing. 12-14 year old kids had stopped dancing to the music and sat back down cos they were so bored. You know it's gone way too long then

Something pertaining to cheer that actually annoyed me and I hope the competition company stops doing it... Letting the scores/results out before awards... I kid you not, they posted the scores/results in the practice gym (which you basically had to walk through to get to the change room we were in) quite some time before awards, so there was zero surprise at awards when we won.

I get what you are saying and I agree but it does make me wonder. Do you think this is a "response" to the cheer tweets that come out, especially at major competitions? Figuring there are teams of twitter users sending out the scores from events as soon as they get them and telling who should win anyhow so the company may as well do it? JW

My pet peeve are people who are paying way too much attention on where a certain teammember stands in the pyramid or whatever other part of the routine. ;)
And if anyone on a level 5 team gets credits for basing a prep, I'm really beginning to question this sport.

Back