Music 2013 Song Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for my middle school team. I am looking for songs that are kind of like uplifting and I dont want to use the word bitter but I would like to use songs referring to a certain situation to use it as fuel to make them perform better regardless of the backlash my team gets.

Here is a little back story,

At our banquet in December a football parent did not like the way my assistant coaches daughter was dressed. She took a picture of the back of a 13 year old and posted it all over Facebook and sent it to parents at the banquet during my speech. To make a long story short, when I contact all of these football parents via email about how upset I was that someone would do that.. I pretty much got attacked and thrown under the bus. Comments that were made regarding my team were along the lines of them thinking the Cheerleading program has gone downhill in the last couple years which we havent due to the fact that my numbers in athletes has gone up from 29-40 kids. We recieved 1st place in 2010 and 2nd for both 11 and 2012. One parent preceded to just flat out harass me and put my program in a bad light.

So basically I wanted to make a mix this year of music thats basically like.. were here and were not going anywhere kind of mix - I dont want it to sound bitter or mean but more like a motivational mix for the girls as they were effected by this.

Any suggestions would be awesome !

Thanks for all of the suggestions ! I love them all - I have added these three to the list as well as

- Part of Me
- The climb
- Catch my Breath

hahah I think I am putting them in a different league this year and it can only be 1.30 of music ! :D

Off the top of my head,
Best of Me by Morningwood. The chorus of it is pretty catchy.

Carry On by Fun
Cause We are
We are shining stars
We are invincible
We are who we are
On our darkest day
When we're miles away
So we'll come
We will find our way home

Back