College 2013 Uca College Nationals Information

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looks like they're getting rid of bid videos for 2014, like NCA did? Or is that just to get the paid bids?

Im alittle confused about the dance bids. So a team like LSU cant compete in jazz and hip hop?

Im alittle confused about the dance bids. So a team like LSU cant compete in jazz and hip hop?

Since you didn't get an real answer from the other reply I will explain how I understood it. I think what it means is they will only get the bid in the one division which will cover what cost that bid is equal to for that division. If they want to enter the other division they must pay that money out of pocket for registration. That is me assuming that you must pay registration for each division you enter, if you don't then I could be completely off.

Since you didn't get an real answer from the other reply I will explain how I understood it. I think what it means is they will only get the bid in the one division which will cover what cost that bid is equal to for that division. If they want to enter the other division they must pay that money out of pocket for registration. That is me assuming that you must pay registration for each division you enter, if you don't then I could be completely off.

Thanks

What is the specific rule for UCA that only allows you to compete at UCA college?

What is the specific rule for UCA that only allows you to compete at UCA college?

I have tried to find the actual rule, but some have said it has to do with ESPN covering UCA. Not sure if that is a fact though because stunt groups compete at both. While they don't show those on TV you would think if it was because of that they wouldn't be able to do any of the competition. I personally haven't seen any rule out there in writing that says you can't do both.

From the 2010 UCA College Packet:

It is understood that teams participating in the College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship will not knowingly and willingly participate in any other event promoted as a "national championship" or "international championship" for the 2009- 2010 school year (Exception: USA National Championship). Teams who do not adhere will automatically be disqualified from the 2010 Championship and will forfeit the op- portunity to participate in the tournament the following year.

It is understood that teams participating in the College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship will not knowingly and willingly participate in any other event promoted as a "national championship" or "international championship" for the 2009- 2010 school year (Exception: USA National Championship). Teams who do not adhere will automatically be disqualified from the 2010 Championship and will forfeit the op- portunity to participate in the tournament the following year.

So anything not promoted as a national or international championship is fair game.

Does anyone know why USA is ok? I've always wondered this every time I see this rule in the HS packet.

Why are they not allowed to have a team compete at both but stunt groups can? UK had a stunt group at NCA a few years ago and a ton of the NCA schools compete UCA stunt. Since USA is allowed though it makes me think the TV contract thing may be somewhat correct.

Back