2013 Worlds???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2013
I've been a cheerleader practically my whole life but I've never really kept up with all the national and worlds competitions. I want to though. So basically I just need to things like:
-when are worlds?
-what teams are usually the best or the most recognized
-what levels are there
- and basically just how it all goes down
If anyone can answer any of these it would be much appreciated!!!

I've been a cheerleader practically my whole life but I've never really kept up with all the national and worlds competitions. I want to though. So basically I just need to things like:
-when are worlds?
-what teams are usually the best or the most recognized
-what levels are there
- and basically just how it all goes down
If anyone can answer any of these it would be much appreciated!!!
Worlds is a bid-only competition that takes place the last weekend of April each year in the ESPN wide world of sports center in disney world. Bids are what allows the team to go to the competition, they can be paid or unpaid. Paid bids allow teams to go without paying competition/hotel fees. The first worlds was held in 2004, making 2013 the 10th worlds. Only senior and international levels 5 and 6 can compete there. There are three days of competition for senior teams: prelims, semi finals, and finals. The teams must earn the top scores to move on to the next day. Teams with paid bids skip prelims and move right to semis, they are generally the more elite teams. International teams are a little different. They have trials, and the top 3 teams from each country advance. The world champions win a trophy, banner, and the coveted worlds rings. You asked which teams are "the best", but different teams are up and coming each year. Ill list for you programs that have won worlds multiple times or at least once: World Cup all stars, Maryland twisters, cheer extreme, stingray all stars, top gun all stars, cheer athletics, spirit of Texas, California all stars, GymTyme all stars, twist and shout, ACE, Brandon all stars. Let me know if you have questions and I hope I included everything!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Worlds is a bid-only competition that takes place the last weekend of April each year in the ESPN wide world of sports center in disney world. Bids are what allows the team to go to the competition, they can be paid or unpaid. Paid bids allow teams to go without paying competition/hotel fees. The first worlds was held in 2004, making 2013 the 10th worlds. Only senior and international levels 5 and 6 can compete there. There are three days of competition for senior teams: prelims, semi finals, and finals. The teams must earn the top scores to move on to the next day. Teams with paid bids skip prelims and move right to semis, they are generally the more elite teams. International teams are a little different. They have trials, and the top 3 teams from each country advance. The world champions win a trophy, banner, and the coveted worlds rings. You asked which teams are "the best", but different teams are up and coming each year. Ill list for you programs that have won worlds multiple times or at least once: World Cup all stars, Maryland twisters, cheer extreme, stingray all stars, top gun all stars, cheer athletics, spirit of Texas, California all stars, GymTyme all stars, twist and shout, ACE, Brandon all stars. Let me know if you have questions and I hope I included everything!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

How nice of you to post this. Pretty excellent summary.

Can this be added to the newbie wiki?

@kingston

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

This is probably random. But I wish more US Cheer Corps would come to the UK/Europe to offer bids, I mean Worlds is an expensive competition that loads of gyms can't afford.

Back