All-Star 2014-2015 Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't think twice about putting my hypothetical kid in this routine, but if you feel differently you have every right to :D

I think it's just part of cheerleading. It's like having a kid in hip hop dance classes and being surprised when they come home humming anaconda.

Maybe I'm more traditional in my views, but my hypothetical potential future children won't be listening to even the radio version of those types of songs. I'm the music nazi at the gym I coach at. If an even remotely inappropriate song comes on, I'm the first one to change it haha.

I don't care if a team won world's dancing to an inappropriate song. Doesn't make it acceptable.

Teams have won worlds in skimpy uniforms, doesn't make that ok either.
Its very hard to find a mix with all songs that are completely appropriate. It all depends also on what some consider appropriate. As long as the mix doesn't blatantly have any inappropriate words I am personally fine with it. In regards to "inappropriate songs" being remixed in mixes I also see nothing wrong with that because the backbeat and rhythm may fit great for voiceovers sometimes. However some will disagree with this but its fine this is a discussion board.

Its very hard to find a mix with all songs that are completely appropriate. It all depends also on what some consider appropriate. As long as the mix doesn't blatantly have any inappropriate words I am personally fine with it. In regards to "inappropriate songs" being remixed in mixes I also see nothing wrong with that because the backbeat and rhythm may fit great for voiceovers sometimes. However some will disagree with this but its fine this is a discussion board.

I don't mind the use of the backbeat but changing one word of an extremely inappropriate song to make it "appropriate" bothers me. I chose all of the songs for both of the team's I'm heading and their mixes are 100% appropriate and the mixes sound phenomenal. I was very careful when choosing their songs. It is possible.

I don't care if a team won world's dancing to an inappropriate song. Doesn't make it acceptable.

Teams have won worlds in skimpy uniforms, doesn't make that ok either.

I never could understand the logic behind the argument when people use one inappropriate item to justify using another. Two wrongs do not make a right and just because someone does something once, does not make it OK to do it again. There was a thread here somewhere where people were talking about how unsafe it is to stunt on a track. One person's rebuttal was that it was OK because people at Worlds were warming up on concrete!! How does that logic even work? With that kind of logic someone could commit a crime and then from then on out it would be legal. Ridiculous!!

I never could understand the logic behind the argument when people use one inappropriate item to justify using another. Two wrongs do not make a right and just because someone does something once, does not make it OK to do it again. There was a thread here somewhere where people were talking about how unsafe it is to stunt on a track. One person's rebuttal was that it was OK because people at Worlds were warming up on concrete!! How does that logic even work? With that kind of logic someone could commit a crime and then from then on out it would be legal. Ridiculous!!

I completely agree. Just people people do it doesn't make it right or acceptable.

The Cali Swagg mix sounds... Familiar.

Either Chatwic is back making music under the moniker "DuWerk" or someone who paid for his music mixing class actually got a lesson or two...

Anyone have the T? I could use a sip ;)

That is Chat that did their music.

Don't really have much more info than that. He used to make such good mixes but his customer service was bad. We've paid for mixes that we never got with him.

Hopefully hes changed. I always loved his music.

That is Chat that did their music.

Don't really have much more info than that. He used to make such good mixes but his customer service was bad. We've paid for mixes that we never got with him.

Hopefully hes changed. I always loved his music.

I'm surprised people are giving him a... Third? Chance. A lot of people paid for slap U or mixes and never got them. I know Louisiana Cheerforce posted on here that they got a lawyer involved, and people said that he had done similar things before.

I feel bad for newer gym a that go to him not knowing the risk.

That said, I've always loved his mixes. I loved fame Notorious, Maryland Marlins, and Smoed back in the day.

Last edited:

My argument was more "Since the vast majority of the industry (if not the whole industry) does it it's probably fine." Don't get it twisted.

am I the only one that has a hard time understanding some of the voiceovers in some music? There are some producers who I can't actually understand what is being said. This isn't a knock on any one teams music, but some of the voices are easier for me than others. Peach was one of the first teams in awhile that I actually enjoyed because I could understand what was being said. Am I getting old? :rolleyes:

Back