All-Star 2014-2015 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Fearless was a first year team. I didn't expect them to place top 5, but for a gym that's never had an all girl senior 5 (only small coed) they did okay. I think if they stay in the division they can become more competitive. I don't really see an issue with them being in the division, they can only get better :) it just might take a few years for them to grow into the division.

I think it takes guts to enter the Large Senior division at all, let alone as a newer team, and I don't think there is anything wrong with entering before you're at the level at which you could potentially globe or win at Worlds. That division is a different animal than the rest. It takes some time to build up to the point of being competitive with the top contenders. To me, it's not a bad strategy to enter the division prior to that point and gain experience competing in that atmosphere against those top teams. It also lets potential athletes know that you're looking to grow into that division.

Look at CT Love. Last year we were congratulating them on just competing in the division at all. This year, to me at least, they were a definite contender to globe.

For the record I think this is not the same thing as the Small Coed/Small Senior teams who go on at-large bids and come in 306th place because they have absolutely no place being level 5 let alone being at worlds. All of the teams in Large Senior had the level 5 skills to make them legitimate Worlds teams. They just weren't all at the level of the teams who've been doing it for twenty years, and that's okay.

Let's be real....if you want to have a team make it to finals, you put them in large senior...period. If you're looking to WIN at worlds, that's a completely different story. But if you want to guarantee your team makes it to finals, that's the only division with a guaranteed day 2.

I can see Top Gun having an extremely competitive small coed team if everything worked out right, like if they had a nice mix of large coed, lady jags and new kids on the team. Hopefully we do see a small coed from them, I can only imagine the routine possibilities.

People are complaining about teams being large senior when they know they most likely won't globe...but I guarantee there are teams like that in other divisions. Its kind of like how some teams goal is to go to worlds to get the experience. Not exactly the same thing but best comparison I could think of right now.

I would be SO HAPPY to see one of those underdog teams globe (especially Love). As much as I love when the huge fan favorite wins, I also an so excited when an underdog wins. Just because you're not from a as well know gym with cheerlebrities doesn't mean you don't have a shot at globing. Obviously some teams need to work on getting more L5 skills (someone mentioned KC Fearless needing more doubles) but that doesn't mean they can't compete the division. Maybe being a first year large senior their goal was just to hit two great routines at worlds. Ya never know!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Only 3 teams can land on the podium. I would love to see Large Senior make a comeback. Lots of people thought when Orange made the jump, they wouldn't stand a chance. They didn't have the same type of routines the top teams had. Guess what? It didn't matter.

I'm not saying they SHOULD. They can enter whichever division they please. I'm saying I don't think large senior was a fit for those teams, and honestly with how medium senior was, CT Love probably would have globed with that performance if they were medium. I think teams entering large senior just because they have 36 girls that can pull off your basic level 5 skills is a bit stupid unless the goal of your season is to have fun and not be competitive.

This is exactly why I hate the fact that to some people Worlds is the be all and end all of cheerleading.

Suddenly because a team isn't going to make Top 4 at ONE competition they shouldn't be in that division?

I think it takes guts to enter the Large Senior division at all, let alone as a newer team, and I don't think there is anything wrong with entering before you're at the level at which you could potentially globe or win at Worlds. That division is a different animal than the rest. It takes some time to build up to the point of being competitive with the top contenders. To me, it's not a bad strategy to enter the division prior to that point and gain experience competing in that atmosphere against those top teams. It also lets potential athletes know that you're looking to grow into that division.

Look at CT Love. Last year we were congratulating them on just competing in the division at all. This year, to me at least, they were a definite contender to globe.

For the record I think this is not the same thing as the Small Coed/Small Senior teams who go on at-large bids and come in 306th place because they have absolutely no place being level 5 let alone being at worlds. All of the teams in Large Senior had the level 5 skills to make them legitimate Worlds teams. They just weren't all at the level of the teams who've been doing it for twenty years, and that's okay.
Exactly! I was rooting for Fearless, not to win, but to put out two good routines. And they did. They're happy with it, and I'm happy with it. Plus more teams in that division is always good. They may not threaten the top 4 now but in a few years that division could get even more intense.
PCM angels and NJSE came in 6th and 8th but we're complaining about the teams in 5th and 7th? Seems legit....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
I absolutely agree that Large Senior needs more teams! I cannot wait to see this division back up to 15-20+ teams. I'm not sure why everyone has run from this division. Sure, it's hard to break top 3-4 but at this point, every division is that stacked.

This is exactly why I hate the fact that to some people Worlds is the be all and end all of cheerleading.

Suddenly because a team isn't going to make Top 4 at ONE competition they shouldn't be in that division?

That's a very great point...It's a shame that as a cheer culture, we've somehow allowed one competition to define a whole season. I can rattle off the names of teams in a few Worlds divisions who had a very rough regular season and couldn't win one competition, but because they hit once and finished well at Worlds, it somehow erases the fact that they most likely wanted to rip their hair out for six months.

On the flip side, there were many teams who had great regular seasons that ended on a sour note because a low Worlds placement erased all of the teams' prior victories and accomplishments.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's kind of annoying to hear people say that certain teams shouldn't be in certain divisions because they can't hang with the top teams. Let's not forget that many of our favorite teams couldn't "hang with the best" either at some point along their journey.

I absolutley agree. i think that there need to be more large senior teams but still i know it is a hard division to globe in but people should not give up because of that. maybe in a few years they will globe!! I feel like we can compere tis to a few of the international teams. just a few years ago there was no chance that a international team woul win at wolds but this year there was two so that shows that you should never give up!

I think people "run from" that division because it is hard to field 36 true level 5 girls. While the difference between medium and large seems small, it's much easier to field 30 girls and have a few that are borderline level 5 (only have straight fulls).
Totally off topic: I just wish they would bring back small coed (AKA large limited). :cloud9: I miss seeing SOT, Rays, and T&S in that division (the whole division really).

Back