All-Star 2014-2015 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of Y5, can anyone confirm a youth 5 team out of CJA this year? Hoping so, would love to see more new teams in this division.

My son never quit, he's as "all in" as he's ever been. My daughter was the one who decided she'd never touch a cheer floor again. She changed her mind at the 11th hour and at least so far has not regretted that decision.
Oh good, I guess I misinterpreted a previous post or maybe that was someone else haha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I am confused. I thought that All Star Prep teams were designed to start late fall/ early winter and practice one day a week? Why are so many gyms creating teams now and already practicing? It seems that almost every other gym in our area is already practicing.

@littlestALLSTAR - I loosely follow CJA and this is the first time that I have heard that. It wasn't one of the announcements made a month ago when they did their three week reveal of the upcoming season online; but maybe they suddenly found themselves with enough talent that they are going for it.

Last edited:
I am confused. I thought that All Star Prep teams were designed to start late fall/ early winter and practice one day a week? Why are so many gyms creating teams now and already practicing? It seems that almost every other gym in our area is already practicing.

@littlestALLSTAR - I loosely follow CJA and this is the first time that I have heard that. It wasn't one of the announcements made a month ago when they did their three week reveal of the upcoming season online; but maybe they suddenly found themselves with enough talent that they are going for it.
@mamabear Right before tryouts they had posted that they were trying to field a Y5, which would be great local competiton for my CPs team. I checked their 2015 team postings and it wasnt listed. Today, a friend told me they saw an insta post about CJA having a Y5....so, putting it out there hoping someone can clarify. One of the rare times that I hope a rumour is true. :)

The only rules for all star prep are no tosses, crossovers between prep and regular all star at the same event, and a 2 min time limit. Any other "rules" are either suggestions or rules made up by individual gyms, not USASF.

Half year and limited practice is only a suggestion. Many gyms are using prep teams for teams that aren't quite at level but are too skilled for the lower level.

@mamabear Right before tryouts they had posted that they were trying to field a Y5, which would be great local competiton for my CPs team. I checked their 2015 team postings and it wasnt listed. Today, a friend told me they saw an insta post about CJA having a Y5....so, putting it out there hoping someone can clarify. One of the rare times that I hope a rumour is true. :)
Well, actually CJA was trying to field both a Y5 & Y3 teams,,, but talking to friends from the gym... I was told they decided against both youth squads... To be honest, I have not heard any updated news on this matter...

I think I got confused, I saw university cheer Air Force. I thought the one out of Houston. Then thought, that is so cool because Woodlands Elite also has one this year. That way they will have comp. when they compete locally.

Oh no! University Cheer Force in Northern California.

Noticed that Stingrays (Johns Creek) Black Diamonds is listed under small rest 5 in the wiki, yet their teams list says small coed rest 5. Can anyone verify which division they are in? Thanks!!!

Back