All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Changing the subject....my daughter came home and told me NCA made further division splits.
I haven't seen an updated performance order. Can anyone confirm? Or know when the next revised order typically comes out this week? Thanks much!!

They're one of the 7 in my mind that can take the whole thing. But they've got 6ish others that are just as capable. It's going to be a battle of who hits cleanest. Can't wait to watch the show. We can do so stress free, my cp's team isn't at NCA so we can just enjoy the show. I'll throw up during large coed. :D

I just go in saying I pray to God my girls can hit their part and leave each competition feeling accomplished.
I know it happens. I know teams with a bunch of crossovers and I've competed against that before. If your skills are better, you are going to win. But also, I've seen amazing level 3 teams with clean tumbling and I've seen level 5 teams with sloppy tumbling... so it still would come down to the execution of the skills in the level the team is competing in.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ok, but to say a true level 3 team could out execute a level 5 team that drops to level 3 in tumbling is absurd. That is not reality.

Ok, but to say a true level 3 team could out execute a level 5 team that drops to level 3 in tumbling is absurd. That is not reality.

I'm not too sure about that. You can't tell me every team you've seen has clean tumbling. A lot of level 5 teams aren't kids who have completed every level, and the level 3 kids work a lot more on those level 3 skills than the level 5 ones. Idk I just don't get why people are up in arms about teams dropping to restricted that's all. It is what it is. If you're good enough, you'll win.

For me the issue isn't really a team dropping half way through the season. I don't like it, but there are circumstances where it can be necessary. But I feel like specifically with teams that already have worlds bids, if they drop down at any point in the season, they should not be then allowed to go to worlds. Not saying this will happen with teams mentioned, just in general. I really like the idea that you must register your division at the beginning of the season. Like I said, I don't like teams dropping, but if they do, they should have to stay there and not move back up the rest of the season. But then again, that doesn't prevent the situation that happened last season with a well known gym, but that could get into athletes being registered to a certain level.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm not too sure about that. You can't tell me every team you've seen has clean tumbling. A lot of level 5 teams aren't kids who have completed every level, and the level 3 kids work a lot more on those level 3 skills than the level 5 ones. Idk I just don't get why people are up in arms about teams dropping to restricted that's all. It is what it is. If you're good enough, you'll win.

My oldest daughter is probably one of the worst "technique" tumblers on Obsession. She spent one year at level 3, and then moved straight to level 5. Missed a LOT of drills on handsprings and what not. But she could throw any level 3 pass and land it 2-3 feet higher than any level 3 kid I've got. She could do standing handsprings on count and not be slow. She can out jump every single kid on my Sr 3. She could out motion and out perform every single kid, too. So I still don't buy that philosophy at all.

With that said, we're not really talking about a level 5 team dropping to level 3. I doubt that happens OFTEN. I'm sure it happens, but not often. The only thing we're really debating here is whether a team that already has a worlds bid should be dropping to R5 to compete at NCA. I do believe there should be a rule about this.

My oldest daughter is probably one of the worst "technique" tumblers on Obsession. She spent one year at level 3, and then moved straight to level 5. Missed a LOT of drills on handsprings and what not. But she could throw any level 3 pass and land it 2-3 feet higher than any level 3 kid I've got. She could do standing handsprings on count and not be slow. She can out jump every single kid on my Sr 3. She could out motion and out perform every single kid, too. So I still don't buy that philosophy at all.

With that said, we're not really talking about a level 5 team dropping to level 3. I doubt that happens OFTEN. I'm sure it happens, but not often. The only thing we're really debating here is whether a team that already has a worlds bid should be dropping to R5 to compete at NCA. I do believe there should be a rule about this.
and adding food for thought, I am so surprised that level 5 crossovers are allowed in R5 at NCA. One of the things that I love about NCA is the no crossovers to different levels rule, but I think NCA missed the boat on this one. You wouldn't have R5 cross to level 4 so you shouldn't have level 5 cross to R5.

and adding food for thought, I am so surprised that level 5 crossovers are allowed in R5 at NCA. One of the things that I love about NCA is the no crossovers to different levels rule, but I think NCA missed the boat on this one. You wouldn't have R5 cross to level 4 so you shouldn't have level 5 cross to R5.

Admittedly, we have 3 crossovers from Obsession to R5. BUT, originally our R5 was J5. But they are NOT obsession's 3 strongest athletes/tumblers though that's for sure. Just the same three that have been double teamers since the beginning when we were J5.

I didn't realize more changes were being made. Please post if/when changes are made. Thanks!

Yes they did and not successfully
I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but rather want to understand the logic in this decision. Your level 3 performed poorly at NCA last year so this year your level 3 isn't attending NCA. Instead your level 4 team will be attending NCA , dropping a level and competing against the level 3 teams. And after NCA they will return to level 4 to compete ? Maybe it's just me but this seems wrong. Not illegal, but wrong.

agree :)

Lets all be honest, the REAL reason the most of teams that are competing in R5, after they have received a worlds bid is because the teams respective gyms believe, that they have a better chance of winning the illusive NCA jacket in R5 rather than the divisions they earned the worlds bids in. --
This will not be the case this year at NCA.
Small Senior Restricted 5 (2 teams have bids to worlds) has a TON of talented teams in its division this year without bids to worlds.

There should be a rule about this. A team shouldn't be allowed to flip flop divisions. I know from looking at different competition results that one of the teams competing is flip-flopping divisions. For instance first 2 competitions competing as R5, then held tryouts for a worlds division, competed as worlds division at a smaller competition, earned at large bid, and now is competing as SSR5 at NCA.

Lets all be honest, the REAL reason the most of teams that are competing in R5, after they have received a worlds bid is because the teams respective gyms believe, that they have a better chance of winning the illusive NCA jacket in R5 rather than the divisions they earned the worlds bids in. --
This will not be the case this year at NCA.
Small Senior Restricted 5 (2 teams have bids to worlds) has a TON of talented teams in its division this year without bids to worlds.

There should be a rule about this. A team shouldn't be allowed to flip flop divisions. I know from looking at different competition results that one of the teams competing is flip-flopping divisions. For instance first 2 competitions competing as R5, then held tryouts for a worlds division, competed as worlds division at a smaller competition, earned at large bid, and now is competing as SSR5 at NCA.

I think there is some type of rule maybe must compete 3 or 4 competitions in the division you will be at nca. Not sure of specifics.

I'll keep things generic. I'm not looking to bash any gyms. But for those teams attending Worlds yet competing as Restricted for NCA, I have a question. Following Worlds are you then taking your team to the Summit to compete as Restricted ? And as for the LJ4 team competing as LJ3 for NCA, are you attending the Summit ? If so, in what category ?

I'll keep things generic. I'm not looking to bash any gyms. But for those teams attending Worlds yet competing as Restricted for NCA, I have a question. Following Worlds are you then taking your team to the Summit to compete as Restricted ? And as for the LJ4 team competing as LJ3 for NCA, are you attending the Summit ? If so, in what category ?

I am not looking into bashing any gyms either (I actually like the gyms with the world bids.) You pose a good question, say one of the teams with the world bid wins NCA, & gets the paid bid to summit. Is it ethical for them to accept the paid bid to summit and compete at the summit the weekend after worlds?

My point is once you accept a bid to worlds or summit. A team should be required to compete in the division they earned the bid in.

in other news... apparently SE has almost a brand new routine and a different mix! (not sure how different though.. i believe i saw that they have a new dance song)

Back