All-Star 2015-2016 Tryouts - Cp Indecisive

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It sounds like a switch may be what you're looking for and clinics will definitely help with that. When we came down on vacation CP did open gym where she is now and what truly sold me on the gym was how nice everyone was to her when they had no expectation of her coming to cheer there. I tend to give places a year before I decide; so far, we're sticking with it but I have a back-up in my head in case it's ever needed.

Good luck!

So relocation is definite and possibly getting pushed back a year. We were suppose to love to Miami, Florida but house hunting hasn't been fun at all. The most challenging gyms near me at least, are big names, world cup, cja, star athletics, cc champs, etc. but they're all far from us. 45 mins or more. WC is the farthest about 1:15 - 1:30 hours away. although I would sacrifice anything for her I'm also realistic with our family situation and having a younger child and one car etc. we actually had a conversation with her last night about it and me and dh were honest. We support her fully and any decision she makes but she needs to really think if this is something she wants to do. I also told her that setting a goal for the future would help her strive for what she wants. I asked her where would u like to be 5 years let's say when ur 15/16 yrs old? She said a level 5 team so I said ok so now u know what u need to work on to get to 5 meaning are u up to the challenge of cheering and taking extra classes especially in tumbling to get those skills. She said yes. I asked her would she like to attend clinics that are coming up at other gyms even if she has decided to stay another year at her current gym (adding that even if she decided to stay at her current gym the clinics might teach her something new or strengthen something she already has and maybe help her tryout for her current gym but place in a higher level). She said yes and understood the positives of taking another clinic. Her current gym has its flaws but they're also very new only about 3-4 years old so I know that it's a learning process. I want to start my own program and I know that I will possibly have my own challenges in getting things moving etc and I might not satisfy every child that comes through so I've become a little more understanding to her gym. I also know that not all gyms are wonderful or perfect. I really wish I was in an area with a bigger variety in choices but it is what it is. I guess that she will make her ultimate decision in the next couple weeks. What sucks too is that many of these gyms are having tryouts the same week as her current gym with the exception of one gym and then I'm like damn!! Lol I'm definitely gonna take her to clinics and see what others I find and then maybe she will make her final decision although she has said for the past two weeks that she wants to stay one more year especially after a rumor that flyers would be switching legs (currently right in the air now supposedly would be left in the air and she figures she would learn with them before trying on another team) we will see how it goes.

Eta: damn iPhone cut off my original post lol
I cheer at CC Champs now and I drive 30 minutes because I live in NY and there aren't really any good gyms in that part of NY . I love the gym. The coaches are amazing and the owner is the best. The 2015-2016 Season we will be having a senior 5 and a junior 5. But I am moving to Florida so I will not be there.:( Also the first year of Summit we had 3 teams go Large Junior 1 , who came in 2nd, Large Senior 4.2 who also came in second and Large Junior 3. Last year we also had 3 teams go Large Junior 3 again, Large Senior 4.2 again and Large Senior 2. As of Right now our 4.2 is also going again but on a Wildcard Bid. Our Small Senior Coed 5 Also got a Paid Bid to Worlds this year.

Last edited:
Back